jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you live in an area that needs rain or are you in a flooded area?

1. dwilliamson profile image61
    dwilliamsonposted 8 years ago

Do you live in an area that needs rain or are you in a flooded area?

2. NarayanKrishna profile image72
    NarayanKrishnaposted 8 years ago

I live in an area where rain is most important thing in our daily life. Our electricity generated from rivers that depend on rain. Our industries depend on electricity. Employment depend on industries. Daily necessary items come from industries. Our drinking water source is river that again need rain. Everrything depends on rainwater. No rain no life.
    Too much of rain will again damage whole structure. When there is too much rain, it leads increase in water level on rivers leading flood and damage to hydro-power houses.
    So too much rain is also not good, too little or no rain also affect lack of electricity supply leading load shedding of 16 hours a day leading stand still of our daily life.

3. NarayanKrishna profile image72
    NarayanKrishnaposted 8 years ago

I did not know we can not drink Ocean water. When he had shortage of water in our country I thought people near to Ocean are so lucky. I landed on of the hotels in an island which is surrounded by ocean. I entered the bathroom, it was written with... read more

4. kuehn70131@yahoo. profile image56
    kuehn70131@yahoo.posted 8 years ago

We moved from New Orleans and the Katrina disaster only to be swamped in Atlanta.

5. MikeNV profile image80
    MikeNVposted 8 years ago

Vegas is hot dry and dusty.  Lake Mead has been dropping for years.  While we may not need the rain right in our direct area, a good high snowpack for several years in the Colorado Basin would be very beneficial.  Someday we'll have to pay a lot of extra money to get more water here.

working