jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What do you like about France?

1. Hmrjmr1 profile image79
    Hmrjmr1posted 8 years ago

What do you like about France?

2. profile image0
    SensuousWorldposted 8 years ago

I love the architecture, the coffee, and the country side of the Centre region...All the small villages, and of course the French Alps. The people I found to be not so friendly in Paris, outside of Paris they were a bit nicer.

3. James Mark profile image61
    James Markposted 8 years ago

Who knows why we are attracted to one country more than another? I am drawn to France, perhaps because I know the language, perhaps because of an excellent French teacher. I finished up living and working there for 11 years and returned to the UK 18 months ago.

So what do I like? The experience of living in a different culture, of using French, the cafés, the variety of scenery, exquisite towns and villages. I really like the Jura, between France and Switzerland, less well known that the more majestic Alps, but very pretty, with deep gorges, torrents, rivers, lakes and mountains.

And the wine and cheese …

4. svarun profile image77
    svarunposted 7 years ago

I like Paris, especially Louvre with Mona Lisa and other great paintings, Eiffel tower, Sacre cour,...

5. France Travel Inf profile image38
    France Travel Infposted 7 years ago

I love the people. The people in the small villages in France that we visit are wonderfully friendly and always so willing to help or just to talk and make you feel welcome.

6. findawayormakeone profile image68
    findawayormakeoneposted 6 years ago

I loved meeting the Francophone people. They had a different perspective on what it was like to live in France, Paris in particular. The Africans and West Indians gave me the most special tours of France--telling me of the history of our people that lived there. So, what I like about France is that honestly, it's not too different from my own backyard. Just more cool.

working