jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you avoid pick-pockets when travelling abroad?

1. Pearldiver profile image82
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

How do you avoid pick-pockets when travelling abroad?

2. profile image46
    aswin vijayposted 7 years ago

the best method to avoid pick-pockets is remove "pockets" of ur shirt and trousers .

3. Jeff Berndt profile image86
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

You can't. There's no way to tell if someone is a pickpocket or not by looking at them, and there's no way to tell if pickpockets are around until after your pocket has been picked.

What you can do, though, is make life difficult for any pickpocket who might want to steal from you. Don't carry money or other valuables in a back pocket. Use your front pockets for things you need ready access to, like your cash for the day. For stuff that you want to keep on your person but don't need to pull out often, keep it under a couple layers of clothing. Get something like this:
    http://www.northernsun.com/n/s/Passport … v_pc=gbase
    and put your passport, tickets, bank cards, etc in it. Wear it under your shirt, next to your skin. Pickpockets will have a hard time getting it from you without you noticing.

4. Jeff Berndt profile image86
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

I can’t recommend travel highly enough. But it’s also very easy to have an otherwise great trip wrecked by something that would be no big deal when at home. Here's some ways to avoid having your stuff stolen while abroad. read more

5. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 7 years ago

When my daughters and I travelled, I used a flat pouch that I wore under my clothes.  Since it was flat, it couldn't be seen under my clothing; and, I wore it under my skirt with my shirt over the skirt.  In order to get my money or other good stuff, the pickpocket would have to go under my shirt and into my skirt to get my pouch which was held securely around my waist with a strong belt and good lock.

I never lost a cent.

6. GGtimeshares profile image59
    GGtimesharesposted 7 years ago

All I can say is be very careful of your personal belongings because you are not familiar with the place.

working