jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Anyone have any thoughts on traveling via alien abduction?

1. Christopher Floyd profile image60
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

Anyone have any thoughts on traveling via alien abduction?

I'm just curious. I wrote something the other night, and I thought I'd see how many, if any, Hubbbers had thoughts on the matter.

2. Springboard profile image80
    Springboardposted 7 years ago

Traveling via alien abduction? Hmmm. I've heard of trying to save money on air fares, but this might be a little over the top. wink

3. Jaggedfrost profile image79
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

lol How do you plan on attracting UFO attention? It probably wouldn't be wise to wander out into government property just for kicks. You have just as much chance of getting shot or arrested as abducted.

4. Christopher Floyd profile image60
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

Way over the top, if you ask me. Getting shot or arrested? Those things are fun too.
    Truth be told, I couldn't decide where to post a question about alien abduction. Religion and Spirituality didn't feel right, so I went with travel. As you can see, I posted this so I could answer it. Call it "creating buzz." Or perhaps trickery.
    Thanks for your prompt responses.

5. Merlin Fraser profile image77
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

I have covered the subject on other Hubs but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to say it again.

Are we alone in the Universe... or even our own galaxy... probably not and if we are what an incredible waste of space !   Of course my other pearl of wisdom on the subject is the fact that we have NOT been visited by our extra terrestrial neighbours proves conclusively they are intelligent.

Have we been visited... No....is it likely.... No...  Any more so than us visiting them... Why ?  Simple mathematics, the shear enormity of Space, multiplied by the time it would take to get anywhere, multiplied by the speed of light.

We would have to be able to travel at many times the speed of light to get anywhere within our own lifetime.  This is clearly impossible, for two very obvious reasons, one the speed of light is a constant and cannot be exceed.  And Two if one was wrong and it was possible to travel faster than the speed of light it would still be impossible because you couldn’t see where the hell you were going before it became where you’d been....

Or put another way if you travel faster than the speed of light you are not travelling in Space but in time...     

Kinda makes you wonder what NASA are friggin’ around at or for , don’t you think ?

Closed to reply

working