jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I have followed all the rules but still never been offered an upgrade to first c

1. Cupcake girl profile image55
    Cupcake girlposted 7 years ago

I have followed all the rules but still never been offered an upgrade to first class when I fly sad

2. scramble profile image66
    scrambleposted 7 years ago

No, me neither but look on the bright side if you're not 6' 2" like me, your legs probably get it easy in comparison.

3. Flightkeeper profile image72
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

The only time I think that you'll get a free upgrade is if you are a frequent flyer and you fly on a flight that's not full.  Very hard these days.  However, I think there are certain airlines where you can buy an upgrade quite cheap.  You just have to check in early enough to see if there are seats available.  I flew from Cancun to Atlanta and bought a first class upgrade for $69 for a 2 1/2 hour flight.  I thought it was worth it.

4. avanz profile image60
    avanzposted 7 years ago

Do you believe in Classes? Do you know what we call it? :>

5. Cupcake girl profile image55
    Cupcake girlposted 7 years ago

@Avanz : Ooh do tell! That would be interesting!

6. The Power Glider profile image61
    The Power Gliderposted 7 years ago

I was flying with a friend once and we didn't show up early, we just got to the airport when the airlines recommended.  My friend had some experience with dealing with airlines and what she recommended was just dressing up and looking sharp.  That's the route we took and the lady at the counter actually asked if we wanted a complimentary upgrade.
    We enjoyed the first class from Alaska all the way down to Texas. It was great!

working