about living in Alaska?

1. profile image46
    wubble64posted 7 years ago

about living in Alaska?

Hey! I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm new to this site haha. But I was looking up stuff about living in alaska. It brought me to this website and you had said something on another topic about living there. My family has been considering it and I was wondering if you could tell me what it's like living there?

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

This looks like it's aimed at someone in particular, but I'll just chime in here too...while I haven't lived in Alaska, my husband was there for 17 years and has had plenty to say about it. Namely, he notes that the cost of living is sky-high, but jobs of any type are getting more difficult to get...of the people we know there still making a living, all but one are medical staff and just scraping by. Most of the time produce is more expensive than meat, and the housing market bottomed out very badly about a year ago. He lived in Wasilla so the winters weren't too bad, very similar to the Wyoming winters I've always been used to, but between winter and breakup there is very little "good weather" left. On the plus side, it's relatively easy to find a good place to buy for those who already have a good job lined up.