jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What's your favorite U.S. National Park, and why?

1. Road Trip Amy profile image61
    Road Trip Amyposted 7 years ago

What's your favorite U.S. National Park, and why?

I recently went on a road trip and visited several national parks.  My favorite was Yellowstone because there's such a variety of landscapes to see there.  But I want to return and spend more time at Zion and Yosemite someday, since we only had 1 day at each this time around.

2. profile image0
    wicklesscandlesposted 7 years ago

I really like Yosimite. Some of the hikes to the waterfalls are just beautiful. I can't wait to go back.

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Jellystone, because that's where, Yogi Bear, Boo Boo, and Ranger Smith, hang out.

4. GGtimeshares profile image59
    GGtimesharesposted 7 years ago

There are lots of National Parks in US but one of my favorites is the Channel Islands National Park.

5. cjcarter profile image75
    cjcarterposted 7 years ago

Tahoe is my favorite. You can climb Half Dome, rent water sport gear, or camp.

6. pennyauctionviewe profile image75
    pennyauctionvieweposted 7 years ago

Sequoia National Park is for me. The scenery is breath taking!

7. embitca profile image84
    embitcaposted 7 years ago

It is hard to pick just one, but after having just done a tour of eight of them, I'd say for the moment that my favorite is Yellowstone. There is just something extraordinary about the landscape there and all of the geyser pools and springs. But I also really love Arches and Acadia too. And Yosemite smile

8. tinaweha profile image66
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

My favorite National Park is Mt. Rainier because my family used to camp there (with a tent, not a mobile house with a tv, etc) when I was a kid.  The best campground is Ohanapecosh.

9. mulberry1 profile image92
    mulberry1posted 7 years ago

Yellowstone would be my second choice. It's very unique and beautiful. Yosemite however is awesome, in the truest sense of the word. The valley is unbelievable. The grand scale of things is amazing. I visited in late May, hiking in the higher elevations was in snow. But there were waterfalls everywhere. We included Sequoia NP in the trip and it was wonderful as well.

working