jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Planning to visit Australia, which city should I choose for my first visit?

1. alexmar profile image56
    alexmarposted 7 years ago

Planning to visit Australia, which city should I choose for my first visit?

I have plans to visit Australia very soon and I am unsure which city should I visit on my first trip? Ausies, please respond need your help, even those who has been there, explain where you stayed.

2. simeonvisser profile image85
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

Melbourne of course, my favorite city by now! smile Well, I would suggest either Sydney or Melbourne because they are big cities and there's enough to do around there. You can also go to Cairns if you're into diving but that's more of a holiday place.

If you're going to only one city then Sydney has more famous buildings, like the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. I personally prefer Melbourne (so far) but I must say I did enjoy my visit to Sydney! Sydney also has great beaches for surfing and activities like that, Melbourne doesn't have that. What are you really looking for is the main question? smile

3. Sarah Masson profile image68
    Sarah Massonposted 7 years ago

Melbourne for sure!! It's amazing and has so many cool things to do and see smile

4. internett1t3 profile image56
    internett1t3posted 7 years ago

Melbourne and Sydney. Sydney has a great beaches.

5. lilian_sg profile image74
    lilian_sgposted 7 years ago

I have only been to Western Australia http://hubpages.com/hub/My-ytip-to-Pert … -Australia I liked it but then again, I can't compare it to Melbourne, Sydney etc.

You can check my page to see whether WA is right for you or not! smile

6. maddot profile image81
    maddotposted 6 years ago

After you do the cities head to Byron Bay for a real holiday on the ebach athen keep heading north into Queensland, onto Northern Territory, around to Broome and then south to Perth and Maragret River, across the Nullabor to South Australia, along the coast road to Melbourne..that should jsut about do you!