jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

First, you need a mirror! Your hub is rude and condescending, patronizing and mo

1. cascoly profile image59
    cascolyposted 7 years ago

First, you need a mirror! Your hub is rude and condescending, patronizing and mostly IGNORANT -...

yes, the descriptions you provide are true of SOME Americans, but just how do you know that MOST Americans act this way?  How would you even know people were Americans if they were already adhering to your rules to such an extent that you couldnt even detect them as such?  I agree completely that many Americans need to know more before you travel, but your attitude and stereotyping isn't going to help

2. cascoly profile image59
    cascolyposted 7 years ago

thanks Mick -- if the original poster had expressed it the way you did i wouldn't have taken exception, but she stereotyped everyone when she had no real experience to base it on, other than personal anecdotes. 

in addition, there's the unknown number of americans who do not act like she claims, but she'd never seen them since they're under her radar, yet she condemns all blindly.  i know when i'm traveling in Europe and Asia, and people ask, i'm rarely taken as an american - usually poeople ask if i'm southern or central european, but have even been taken for Japanese.

3. fordie profile image60
    fordieposted 7 years ago

I think some hubs are deliberately provocative as these then get attention, which drives up ratings. I wish more people would rate down such articles and get them buried forever

4. profile image55
    hubpagestempposted 7 years ago

Cascoly, this rant describes some HUMAN BEINGS from any country, not some Americans.  "Isabella Snow" is just an unhappy American hater who puts us down to make herself feel better.

I lived in the UK.  This attitude is all over the place. 

And MickS is the same way.  Just ignore them.  If you saw the anti-Americanism that I did in Europe, you would wish that Americans wouldn't give Europe any tourist dollars.

working