jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

We would like a real winter with snow yet not snowed in where would you reccomme

1. wytegarillaz profile image75
    wytegarillazposted 7 years ago

We would like a real winter with snow yet not snowed in where would you reccommend ?

For our winter it will be 20- 30 degrees & I wll be swimming as much as possible while exploring .
    After that I want to escape the long summer & not sure where to be for Dec _ Feb ?
    Where is a good place to be for those months ?
    I have been in London for a snowy winter , not sure if Spain, Greece USA best for then ?

2. Ms Dee profile image88
    Ms Deeposted 7 years ago

Well, in Dallas, TX, USA we get snow in the winter almost every year, and when it does snow, it's not much. Ice is more likely than snow. When we do have wintery percipitation, it doesn't last more than a day, usually. Normally, we escape the terrible winter weather that those a 100 miles north, or so, get. smile

3. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 7 years ago

It snows quite a bit in Buffalo, New York. but, I don't think you would want to go there. It is only 7 degrees here in Michigan right now, and, it is below zero up north. But, it depends on what kind of snow you are looking for. And what you want to do.

I'm sure you could find a winter resort just about anywhere in the U.S. or Canada. We have lots of Ski resorts here, without the nasty avalanches that they have out west. I would suggest searching for a ski lodge. If you don't want to ski, there are all kinds of other activities, like sledding, and snow mobile trails.

But, I'm sure you could find a better winter resort in Europe.
    Like Switzerland or someplace like that.

4. Les Trois Chenes profile image90
    Les Trois Chenesposted 7 years ago

It snows in Limousin, S W France, but not too much: see lots of pictures in my Walks in Videix in the snow Hub (Hope this is seen as helpful and not promotional!). When it does snow it doesn't last long. The problem would be timing and travel. By the time you knew that snow was likely, you would hardly have time to get here before all transport ground to a halt.

5. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

Try either Colorado or Utah, both have great ski resorts and they are so busy that the roads stay open. Very beautiful and lots to do.

6. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

Well I prefer enough snow so that I can Snow board in the winter, but not too much that I can't drive to the ski resort, as well as have a white Christmas.  Snow is fun until you have to dig yourself out, and especially them annoying driveways & sidewalks.  Our house has a huge driveway, and sidewalks surrounding a large surface area. so that makes for a tough job for snow removal.  It's cool for the kids though, they get free days off from school & a great deal of outdoor fun sledding.