jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you feel safe flying with so many airlines having to declare bankruptcy?

1. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 7 years ago

Do you feel safe flying with so many airlines having to declare bankruptcy?

2. HotUrban profile image68
    HotUrbanposted 7 years ago

Yes I don't feel that an airline would compromise on safety due to cost.

Also if they were to go bust before you went then surely your insurance would cover this.

It's important to ensure you are covered against the airline going under when you are away so that you aren't left out of pocket.

The only thing that there is to really worry about is having your holiday cancelled at the last minute or the inconvenience of being left stranded somewhere but then you probably wouldn't go in the first place if you were worried about that. Or I would book with one of the larger companies so that the chances of them going bankrupt is diminished.

3. Brian Kopp profile image57
    Brian Koppposted 7 years ago

I think it is a great concern, I hope that the inevitable cost cutting does not extend to maintenance!!!

4. sean kinn profile image60
    sean kinnposted 7 years ago

I think a lot of airlines operate along a thin line that exists between profitability and bankruptcy by cutting corners on everything from enough-gas-to-make-it-to-the-next-airport (a recent complaint heard from pilots); to recently-manufactured airplanes; to required maintenance. That being said, I believe I have seen the overall industry improve over the last few decades. As in, I seem to fly more often in the very new, huge, safe jet liners that were recently introduced. If nothing else, the bankruptcies illustrate how healthy, competitive capitalism is meant to function - as the airlines that can't crack the code on how to safely stay in business go out of business. :-) SK

5. lburmaster profile image85
    lburmasterposted 7 years ago

Not entirely. Especially with the recall of those airplanes for the past few days. Holes during an airplane flight? I'm driving for the rest of my life. Or taking a cruise.

6. Joan1 profile image57
    Joan1posted 7 years ago

I wasn't worried too much.
    Didn't really think about it, even though I fly regularly.
    Ignorance is bliss.

7. france1982 profile image59
    france1982posted 7 years ago

If it is flying in the "no fly zone" in Libya, my answer is "no"... tongue

8. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 7 years ago

We are not safe as dangers lurk everywhere. You may be at home and a plane can crashed on your home. Or you are walking on the street and someone comes and stab you. I do believe that there is a certain amount of safety checks before airplanes are allowed to fly. So, I do see that it is safe. But accident can happen with all the safety precautions taken.

9. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 7 years ago

Yes! I fear that if they declare bankruptcy they will use cheaper ways to make airplanes. I am supossed to fly to Canada in July, but I think I may drive instead.

10. profile image47
    jackdohsonposted 5 years ago

I would like to suggest you to the Bankruptcy-Insolvency for more help regarding declaring bankruptcy as they have a good knowledge of it.

working