jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Where are you from?What do you like about this special place? What do you miss/

1. Ludivine profile image60
    Ludivineposted 7 years ago

Where are you from?What do you like about this special place? What do you miss/ would miss about it?

I'm from a small village in Bretagne, France. What I miss the most: my family, friends, my small bakery with my fresh baguette, some French specialties like rillettes, some incredible cheese.... please add a picture if you can smile

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4923436_f260.jpg

2. kcreery profile image60
    kcreeryposted 7 years ago

I'm from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.  I miss the mild winters and the ability to ride my bike year round.  My family lives there so it would be nice to visit them more often.

3. Lidian profile image73
    Lidianposted 7 years ago

I'm from New York City. I miss, in no particular order: the Strand and Argosy bookstores, the Met Christmas tree, bagels, knowing that 20 blocks equals one mile, C. Howard's violet mints, the Staten Island ferry, and Carl Schurz park.

4. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4924476_f260.jpg

I was born in Newport , Wales (love France & New York! ) I miss having the 4 seasons & being able to travel to Europe easily , So hot here !
    Live accross from here in a caravan behind the trees! carry on traveling in a few weeks!!

5. J.S.Matthew profile image82
    J.S.Matthewposted 7 years ago

I am from Massachusetts, USA.  We have 4 seasons, mountains, fishing, camping and just about everything else. I love to visit Quebec, Canada, New Hampshire, Up-state New York, and I'm up for a good holiday! I would miss it all if I had to leave.

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I grew up in So. Calif at the beach.  It was a small town on the coast and was a neat place to grow up.  In the summer there would be a huge surf festival and lots of people and booths and activity.  I will always miss the ocean, the sound, the smell, the culture.

We live in Montana now and can never go back to live--it is way too expensive for our budget and my kids and their families are here.

7. carolp profile image81
    carolpposted 7 years ago

I am from Switzerland. I am here since 1986. What i miss is the the constant sunny days, the warm weather, the beaches, tropical fruits, food specialities and my reamaining family and friends in the Philippines where i originaly came from.

8. White Sapphire profile image57
    White Sapphireposted 7 years ago

I'm originally from Northern Virginia.  I lived very close to Washington DC.  What I miss most about the area was the free Smithsonian Museums.  I've lived in other places that had excellent museums, but they're not free like the Smithsonian.

working