What is the best (and most economical) way to see the highlights of the Hawaiin

1. Drjacki profile image78
    Drjackiposted 6 years ago

What is the best (and most economical) way to see the highlights of the Hawaiin Islands?

2. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 6 years ago

Cruise it!  My husband and I went in 2009, and we are returning in 2012.  Before that, we spent a week in Honolulu hotel and divided our time between events and relatives who live there.  By cruising, we got to see each island and the sights.  All we needed to do was choose our excursions.  It was go, go, go, but we had the chance to see a lot of sights.  It sure beat our very first trip and that week in a Honolulu hotel.  Cruising allows you to try out a bunch of destinations.  If one of them stands out, you can always go back and spend more time there.  I don't know if a cruise is in your price range.  I only know that after planning it, our floating hotel provided us with lodging, food and entertainment.  Excursions extra.  Didn't have to spend so much time making arrangements because it was done for us.

3. Ranihei profile image58
    Raniheiposted 6 years ago

Hi Dr. Jacki,
    Thanks for your question. There are options...if you are limited to a week's vacation, a seven-day cruise aboard Norwegian Cruise Line's "Pride of America" is a good choice to sample the islands.  Since all of your meals and your accommodations are included aboard ship, it can be more economical than a land-based vacation, and you will see the highlights of the most touristed islands.  In my humble opinion, though, the best way to see the Hawaiian Islands is to take a land-based trip. You can see two islands in a week, or, if you have more time, add another island to your itinerary.  My personal favorites are Kauai, the Big Island, and Maui.  Each island has a different "personality", so check with your local knowledgeable travel agent so they can "qualify" your needs and interests to point you in the right direction. Also, they can shop their reputable suppliers for the best deals for you. Good luck!

working