jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Where were you 9/11 10 years ago ?

1. freecampingaussie profile image64
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

Where were you 9/11 10 years ago ?

I was on a holiday in WA staying with a friend . My girls were scared I was where the disaster was. A few days later Anset went under so I was fortunate to get a seat back on Quantas . I had been to New York in 2000.
    Thinking of everyone over there .
    What were you doing at the time ?

2. breathing profile image62
    breathingposted 6 years ago

I was watching news on television from my country Bangladesh. That was a breaking news..."USA crisis." I was thinking it just a movie preview. But at last I was shocked.

3. LearnFromMe profile image92
    LearnFromMeposted 6 years ago

I was in a freshman experience class in college. My professor saw that someone had put on the TV to see th news, but he promptly shut it off. He claimed it was just an accident and continued on with class. When I left the class, I had to go to a work study placement in the basement of one of the buildings. As soon as I put on the TV, it was live coverage of the second plane hitting...I'll never forget seeing that and the panic that filled me....
    Later when I became a teacher, I taught many children who had lost loved ones on 9/11...It is so sad...

4. cmlindblom profile image75
    cmlindblomposted 6 years ago

I was actually in 7th grade social studies class.  The teacher turned on the news and we watched it. I was pretty mad and decided I was eventualy going to do something because of it.

5. FloraBreenRobison profile image58
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I was at home (British Columbia) in bed asleep. We are three hours behind New York time on the Pacific coast. We woke up around 9am.

6. Gypsy48 profile image74
    Gypsy48posted 6 years ago

I was at work, my daughter called me to see if I knew what was going on.

7. profile image0
    eveowlposted 6 years ago

I was with a friend, we were up very late having some drinks & talking listening to some soft music while the tv was on with the volume turned down in the background.  I glanced at the tv & there was a news flash that screened the whole event. 

My friend & I couldn't believe what was happening-- & then we also realized it was screened on every channel there was no getting away from it all. The media; newspapers, radio, magazines etc; were non stop.

Shops & restaurants closed out of respect; The news itself became more terrifying with graphic scenes that still haunt my mind.   

Peace & Respect to All the lives that were taken & to the greiving relatives, spouses & friends.  It is a day that marks history & one I will never forget.

8. Jonesy0311 profile image58
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I was a sophmore in high school, sitting in a tiny Algebra classroom in backwoods Illinois. School basically shut down for the day and we all sat in one room and watched everything unfold on TV. A few years later I joined the Marine Corps, but 9/11 didn't weigh on my decision at all. I just got caught up in all of the hyper-patriotism generated by small towns.