jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best way to pack shoes in a suitcase?

1. Cloverleaf profile image86
    Cloverleafposted 5 years ago

What is the best way to pack shoes in a suitcase?

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

How do you pack shoes and the rest of your clothing in a suitcase?  Tips for hassle-free packing. read more

3. MisterH profile image59
    MisterHposted 5 years ago

It does depend a little bit on what sort of shoes you might be talking about.  I'm afraid I've got no real experience of heels and other lady's shoes.  However, in my experience, closed toe shoes are best stuffed with underwear (socks etc.) so that the shoes keep their shape and then packed in a separate cloth bag within your luggage.

4. Bldg an Architect profile image68
    Bldg an Architectposted 5 years ago

Stuff them with socks, undies, or other small things.  This will keep them from getting squished.  The place them in a bag to keep them from getting scuffed and to keep them from getting the rest of your stuff dirty.

I find its best to place them at the edge of your suitcase with the heel in the corner.  It will reinforce the edge of the suitcase and is an efficient use of space.

5. vietnamtips profile image59
    vietnamtipsposted 5 years ago

I often put shocks inside shoes. And, put them into a clothing bag - a soft bag and leave it in the corner of suitcase.

6. Julie Jensen profile image60
    Julie Jensenposted 5 years ago

I put them in the plastic bags my newspaper comes in. Then I pack first and lay them in odd corners to best use available space. Putting things inside the shoes is a good use of space, too. Flat slippers and flip flops can go in the side pockets. as can socks which may fit better flat than folded into a ball.

7. Mary Stuart profile image80
    Mary Stuartposted 5 years ago

Pack your shoes along the parameters of your suitcase. I always pack them so the soles are facing the outside of the suitcase.

8. Kevin Peter profile image71
    Kevin Peterposted 5 years ago

First of all clean the shoes well with a dry piece of cloth. Then cover it with a paper and pack well in a plastic kit. This will help the other things in the suitcase from the bad smell of shoes

working