jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I'm travelling to London mid-March until April. I'm wondering what kind of cloth

1. genrp profile image59
    genrpposted 5 years ago

I'm travelling to London mid-March until April. I'm wondering what kind of clothes to bring. Thanks

2. Greensleeves Hubs profile image99
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 5 years ago

The most difficult time of the year to plan for genrp! because March / April is the beginning of spring, when winter gradually changes towards summer so it is possible still have snow and ice here in England. But that is very unlikely, particularly in April. More likely the weather will be cool (compared to the Philippines!) with a mixture of sunshine and rain showers which are usually not too heavy. Usually the temperature will vary between about 3 and 15 degrees C, and there will be some rain on maybe a third of the days, but plenty of sunshine too. Best to bring a mixture of warm and light clothing therefore, plus a light raincoat or umbrella (or just buy one when you get here). Most days from April onwards people will wear fairly light clothing with some sort of coat or jacket, but also will be prepared for cold.

But it is a nice time to visit because all the spring flowers will be coming out, and in London you can always be inside on the bad days and outside on the warm and sunny days.

Feel free to ask any other questions about London - I'm sure, if not me, then someone will be able to answer them. If it's your first visit, I hope you have a great time!

3. genrp profile image59
    genrpposted 5 years ago

Thank you so much! Yes it is my first visit and I am sooo excited. I will be there for my cousin's wedding. I will be a maid of honor.

4. AfricaResource profile image66
    AfricaResourceposted 5 years ago

Right now in London the weather is quite mild, a little chilly at night but days are a mixture of rain and sun! In recent years the weather in April has been exceptionally warm considering the time of year. Im sorry to say that it could range from jacket to shorts weather!

working