jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Describe some of the best activities for a visitor to Seattle, Washington.

1. Gerg profile image77
    Gergposted 5 years ago

Describe some of the best activities for a visitor to Seattle, Washington.

Specifically, looking for fun and interesting activities and attractions that a father and teenage daughter could do together while visiting Seattle.

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I've been living in Seattle for just over six years now, and my #1 piece of advice is bring a raincoat and shoes that withstand the wet, and after that there's plenty of fun stuff to do. 

3. Whidbeywriter profile image88
    Whidbeywriterposted 5 years ago

You both will love Seattle, there is so much to do. Pikes Place market for starters, then the space needle and the restaurants - wow I could go on and on. The arts, just talk a walk along lake union with an ice cream cone in your hand.....enjoy!

4. LisaKoski profile image95
    LisaKoskiposted 5 years ago

I've lived in Seattle all my life and still always find something new to check out. EMP is always fun to visit. Ye Old Curiosity Shoppe is where my dad used to take my sister and I when we were younger, which is one of our favorite shared memories.

5. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

I lived in Seattle for a while, and I loved the troll under the bridge.  A must!  There is a lot of other great street art to see-- and finding it takes you off the beaten path.  The dance steps on the sidewalk, the Jimi Hendrix statue, the miniature Statue of Liberty on Alki (great view of downtown Seattle from there as well).

6. distance2010 profile image60
    distance2010posted 5 years ago

i love to go out and eat around the udub campus on university way, a lot of different types of food within four blocks or so everything from viet to hamburgers oh and if you have time buy some bubble gum and stick it on the gum wall

7. TheLifeExperiment profile image59
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

Definitely start at Pike Place! Its a huge open marketplace with fresh foods and really interesting stuff (last time I was there, I found chocolate pasta). There's also a ton of handmade jewelry, sculptures, and paintings as well. The Space Needle might seem touristy, but it really is a fantastic view and although its not cheap, the spinning restaurant at the top has some of the best food I've ever had. Just walking around the city is fun, there are a lot of cool little shops and restaurants!