This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)

What is the best place in the world to live?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

What is the best place in the world to live?

Is it the best place for you... or the best place, in general? Why?

2. gguy profile image61
    gguyposted 5 years ago

Rochelle, I guess you asked this question  to throw opinions around, since it has no answer!  Do you like cold or warm climates? do you like big cities or small towns? Do you need to work? and what kind? Do you have hobbies that take up a lot of space such as collecting cars or refinishing antiques? Is money and cost of living important?  Is culture important?
      We could go on and on!! where you would like to live follows the old saying " one persons trash is anothers treasure!"

3. ahostagesituation profile image80
    ahostagesituationposted 5 years ago

Next to the person you love.  The address doesn't really matter all that much.   But ok, that's not the answer you want, so I'm voting for the SF bay area because I LOVE it here.  I've been really happy with it--despite the cost.  It costs a lot because it is a lot.  It's a great place to be.   I haven't been to Fiji tho...that could change my mind.

1. JKenny profile image94
      JKennyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I agree with that, as long as I'm with the person I love, then the address is of little relevance.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Everyone is different. We used to live in No. Calif. in logging country and loved it.  We met some people visiting there from eastern Nevada where they had a ranch.  Eastern Nevada is flat and barren but they looked at our trees, and all the timber everywhere and said - it seemed like a waste, there was no room to farm or ranch.

My heaven might be someone else's hell.  For me personally, a warm beach climate.  Different seasons not necessary - just warm ocean air.  I hate the cold and dark of Montana's winters.  My husband however has to be in the mountains - so guess where we live.....

5. rickzimmerman profile image75
    rickzimmermanposted 5 years ago

Though I'm quite fond of Solon, OH — low cost of living, great schools, nice home, ample fresh water, great health care, plentiful entertainment, a seasonally changing environment, little traffic congestion, family nearby, fairly cosmopolitan living, good diversity, etc. — I still love Florence:

http://rickzimmerman.hubpages.com/hub/M … e-Florence

6. profile image52
    vietvisaposted 5 years ago

Hanoi - Vietnam ! A beautiful & a peaceful city smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
      Rochelle Frankposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am glad to hear that Hanoi is beautiful and peaceful. There have been some hard times there in the past.

7. Super Lux profile image60
    Super Luxposted 5 years ago

Philippines. not in the city areas though.

8. donabhatt profile image78
    donabhattposted 5 years ago

For me in India it is Bangalore city. There are ample greeneries, oppurtunity, friends....and everybody ready to welcome :-)

9. jackcoburn profile image70
    jackcoburnposted 5 years ago

I don’t live there but every year I go camping at Byron Bay, a coastal town in north NSW, Australia. Everything about the place is what makes it special including its extremely relaxed way of living, great weather, multiple beaches, deep culture and the general vibe of the area.

Although it’s a small town there is plenty to do and if the town isn't enough It's only a short drive to the Gold Coast (One of the more popular tourist destinations in Australia), close to forests and national parks for hiking enthusiasts, great surf, always something going on in town and plenty of other things to do.

It's really a place you have to see for yourself to understand why you would want to live there especially in the summer.

10. Laci Ledbetter profile image37
    Laci Ledbetterposted 5 years ago

Savannah, Georgia!  No doubt.  Low cost of living, it's on the coast, it's soaked in history, the landscape is amazing, almost dream like...  How could you not love it?! No, I don't live there -- yes, I wish I did.

11. BraidedZero profile image91
    BraidedZeroposted 5 years ago

I have lived in Cape May, NJ; Pensacola, FL; Houston, TX; New Orleans, LA; Los Angeles, CA; and Petaluma, CA. So I have been all around and I have no favorite place! Everywhere is great, and each have their own great thing about them. In NJ I was in a small town that wasn't too busy but wasn't to far from NY where I loved the city life and Broadway. In Pensacola the towns were great and I loved the people, plus you aren't too far from a beach. TX is a great open country place to live and everyone is so friendly. And both CA locations are beautiful, it's very expensive to live there, but beautiful!!

12. LouisAlbert profile image59
    LouisAlbertposted 5 years ago

I'd have to say it's the places I've lived and love most. Those places include:

1. Baton Rouge, Louisiana: my hometown

2. Brevard, North Carolina: college

3. Taipei, Taiwan: present home

Though I've traveled to a few nice places that seem ideal, I'm not sure if I'd like to live in any of them.

13. yssubramanyam profile image60
    yssubramanyamposted 5 years ago

where ever we go, our mind is along with us like shadow, so , make up the mind, so that any corner of planet is pleasant. i love this hub.

working