jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best place to live?

1. SerenityHalo profile image96
    SerenityHaloposted 3 years ago

What is the best place to live?

2. John MacNab profile image84
    John MacNabposted 3 years ago

The best country is Canada.   The best place in Canada is where we live, overlooking the St Lawrence River

3. Edward J. Palumbo profile image85
    Edward J. Palumboposted 3 years ago

The best place is an individual decision. It's where you can optimize your quality of life, raise well-adjusted and intelligent children, have reasonably convenient access to outdoor recreation and scenic beauty, admire wildlife, enjoy the passage of time in a multiseasonal climate, and live in relative security in a mutually supportive community that takes pride in the cleanliness of its streets. It's an environment that encourages human respect. It's where you can address your priorities for creative exercise and potential for personal growth. There are many such communities, and the potential exists for many more.
    I was born in New York City, on Manhattan's lower East Side and I have lived and worked in other states; I now live in a city of 26,000 people in Northwestern Oregon, and I found the best place for my family and I to live. My children, now adults, may redefine what is best for them and choose to live elsewhere; that is their right. If only one place or environment was regarded as "best", I can assure you it would be so crowded with others that all the parameters by which we define a wonderful place to live would soon be choked, smothered and crowded out of existence. My quest ended 17 years ago. I intend to live here for the rest of my life, and I am thankful to have found a place I'm grateful to call "home".

1. SerenityHalo profile image96
      SerenityHaloposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Amazing answer.

4. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9028817_f260.jpg

Where you are happy and enjoy your surroundings,weather and can support yourself etc. I have visited a lot of places and I still think Australia/New Zealand is a great place to live. Ireland appeals to me. Canada is beautiful and I would choose it over America but going in & out is tough. Alaska appeals for a while .
    So many places we have yet to see. I have lived in a few cities like Sydney/London but prefer quieter places and by the water.Somewhere you can cook on the open fire etc & not too hot !

working