What is the best way to mix entrepreneurial initiative with long-term travel?

1. Mighty Mom profile image85
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

What is the best way to mix entrepreneurial initiative with long-term travel?

2. profile image0
    Jennifer Angelposted 5 years ago

You could be like Rachel Ray and do a $30 buck day in x city. It's a popular theme and also allows people to get a nitty gritty on cities they may like to visit one day. I would suggest running a poll to see where your fans would like you to go, then show case some of the better places to stay, things to do while there and meals. Of course, you'd have to hook up with someone who has contacts in the media, but it'd be worth a shot. smile Good luck!

3. gerrywalker profile image70
    gerrywalkerposted 5 years ago

I met a gal at a writing group several years ago who traveled around with her husband in a van and sold her recipe books that way, various flea markets around the southeast and depending on the time of the year, the northeast. I thought it would be a terrific way to travel and make some money. She had a big house in Tenn. and used all the rooms as settings with various holiday arrangments, etc. She said one of the secrets was, when somebody bought her book,she got their name and address and email and notified them whenever she had a new book out. That way she had a marketing list of her own.

I have a family member who lives at various national forest areas, you apply online at some government site, fill out the application for whichever place you'd like to volunteer that year, how long, etc. There are lots of retired people who live this way but it's not limited to older folks as this fellow is 46. I've had cousins who helped count fish for the wildlife management service and I hear there are numerous opportunities to volunteer in national parks. Depends on your interests.

working