jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What do You know about Czech republic?

1. neophonic profile image71
    neophonicposted 5 years ago

What do You know about Czech republic?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6943636_f260.jpg

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image98
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

I've been to the Czech Republic several times, touring on each occasion. I loved particularly Plzen and Prachatice among the many towns and cities I visited. I stayed in both for several days, on three different occasions in the case of Plzen. The countryside is also stunningly beautiful when you are driving through it. I regret that all my photos from my trips were lost when an old PC crashed beyond repair.

On the downside, I was - unfortunately - less impressed by the likes of Budejovice and Prague and don't think I would revisit either of those cities. I was particularly disappointed by how Westernised and commercial the centre of Prague has become. I found Wenceslas Square to be just like being in any other city in Western Europe, with its horrendous fast food restaurants and department stores.

Definitely hope to visit the Czech Republic again some day soon and see more of its wonderful sights as well as revisiting old favourites.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

It's somewhere in Europe.............................................

1. neophonic profile image71
      neophonicposted 5 years agoin reply to this

big_smile Thank You Mick! big_smile

4. tastiger04 profile image82
    tastiger04posted 4 years ago

The Czech Republic is one of the most beautiful countries in the world! I say this from a biased standpoint though, as I am Czech and have family there as well smile Prague is definitely a city of old ages, but I think the real charm of the Czech Republic is in the smaller towns outside the big city.  A great way to see them is to rent a bicycle (perhaps in Prague) and ride the bike paths all around the country....the last time I was there I did a day trip where I rode for miles through small cities.....also, if you are a beer lover it's the place to be! The beer is cheaper than water (in the convenience stores at least!) I can't wait to go back!

working