jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Ok, so: where were you when American Neil Armstrong landed on the moon?

1. MickeySr profile image81
    MickeySrposted 5 years ago

Ok, so: where were you when American Neil Armstrong landed on the moon?

2. Deborah Brooks profile image80
    Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago

I was in Columbia South Carolina sitting on the floor with my kees hugged up in my arms.. in amazement.. I will never forget..

3. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I  graduated from HS that year and had just returned from a summer program at the college I would attend in the Fall. I watched it with my family on our one TV in our den. It seemed surreal.

4. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 5 years ago

I was only a month old, but I'm sure my parents were sitting in amazement.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Senior in high school, sitting in front of the TV and even then knew this was remarkable history right before my eyes.

6. MickeySr profile image81
    MickeySrposted 5 years ago

I have to say, unfortunately, that I was sitting in a car outside a downtown dentist's office waiting for a friend to return with drugs . . . the car radio announced the landing or the first steps or something, and the friend and I waiting in the car had a clear view of the moon from our seats - we mentioned to each other what giant asses we were.

7. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

We watched it on TV. We were having a family barbecue. I remember an uncle telling us kids to remember this day so we could tell our grandkids about it.

8. edhan profile image59
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Finding my way to become human being and the right parent ...

9. UMHiram profile image74
    UMHiramposted 5 years ago

I actually wasn't born until two years later but my parents watched it in amazement.  It is amazing to sit and listen to the folks who were around during that time; they speak with such pride and happiness.  I am proud to say that I've served 20 years in the same branch of service that he was a part of ... "Fair Winds and Following Seas, Sir."

10. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

It was in the summer before going off to college. I remember watching it while sitting in the recliner. I was old enough to remember the challenge issued by President Kennedy to put a man on the moon and return him safely by the end of the decade.

I thought then it might start a change of greater cooperation within the country and with other countries. I was wrong.

It was still a fantastic event.