jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What are your favorite campgrounds and tourist attractions in the US?

1. ThelmaC profile image96
    ThelmaCposted 4 years ago

What are your favorite campgrounds and tourist attractions in the US?

Planning an RV trip across the US and would appreciate any suggestions about campgrounds and tourist attractions anywhere in the US.  Schedule is very flexible at this point.

2. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

Where to start is a good question.  No wonder you asked for help. If you are rolling through Memphis the Memphis Metal Museum is awesome. You can see pictures on my hub about it.
    The Grand Canyon is amazing.  Chicago has the museum of Science and Industry as well as the Field museum.  Love old town Albuquerque New Mexico. This is an amazing country enjoy the trip.

ThelmaCposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for your suggestions.  I enjoy reading about the favorite spots of other hubbers.  Your hub on the Memphis Metal Museum was very interesting!

3. ytsenoh profile image86
    ytsenohposted 4 years ago

From Midwest, I would suggest going southwest through Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona and into California towards San Diego.  On the return route, you could come back further north through Utah, see Hoover Dam in Nevada and head out through Colorado. 

In Durango, CO, they have an awesome campground (KOA) and fully equipped cabins.  When in Arizona, I definitely would stay at the grounds not far from the Grand Canyon. There is a lot to see in Arizona, but every state has its own beauty and sites worth exploring.

ThelmaCposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the suggestions ytsenoh (honesty).  I have some friends that were workkampers in the Durango area and said it was very beautiful.  I have been to San Diego and just loved it.  Plan to go back there.  Thanks!!

4. jcales profile image64
    jcalesposted 4 years ago

mostly any place that has large trees, Northern Cal, Washington and nice mountainous views. Tourist? I like NYC or San Francisco

5. khmazz profile image83
    khmazzposted 4 years ago

Any campground in the Florida Keys! Hands down! smile

working