Have you ever flown first class?

1. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Have you ever flown first class?

How was it?

2. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

We just watched "The Holiday" a couple of nights ago.  On a trip to Africa I watched the movie three times between San Francisco and Paris.  When Camron Diaz lays down in her 1st class bed I nearly screamed every time.  We were in the economy section and it was sweltering hot.  Didn't know I could have asked the crew to turn up the AC. 
    Yes, have flown 1st class a couple of times. They have been intercontinental.  They had comfortable seats and the food was better than in the back.  There is usually complementary wine.
    Returning from Africa, the flight attendant noticed we had been traveling for 13 hours and up graded us to business class between Paris and San Francisco.  The seats were very nice in business class. 
    First class  expensive internationally.  I would take business over first class for the savings..

3. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

Never had that luxury.   Been in business class on the odd occassion.  It really is quite a bit better- especially the food.

People complain about the price of airfares but airfares are much, much cheaper nowadays than way back before the advent of the Jumpbo Jets, e.g. B747s DC10s and now, the giant Airbus A380.   It used to cost about six months pay to take long, international journey in a Sandringham flying boat way back in the 1930s and 1940s.

Fellow I know, who is now in his ninety's, took a trtip from Johannesburg to London.  They flew up the Nile Valley.  Each night they'd stop over somewhere at a luxury hotel.  Took about four days to make the trip.   But it was luxury all the way.  Now that is First Class!

What keeps the airfares low by comparison is the airlines can pack people in like sardines.   Whilst we're prepared to put up with it, they'll continue to do it.