jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would you drop everything and move to remote Alaska if given the chance?

1. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 4 years ago

Would you drop everything and move to remote Alaska if given the chance?

We watch shows that show people really living off the land in Alaska. Would you choose to change your lifestyle to live this way if given the opportunity?

2. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Honestly, not a chance. This simply is not my kind of lifestyle or goals that I'd want to do.

3. NornsMercy profile image61
    NornsMercyposted 4 years ago

I would give it a try. There's beautiful scenery there and isn't overcrowded. My kind of place! smile

4. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 4 years ago

Alaska is a great place for outdoorsmen, so as an avid hiker I would say I'd love to go there. The walking would be memorable.

That would be in the summertime, though. Given a chance to go there to live, well ... Frankly, my dear, it's just too &^%$ cold. No, thank you.

5. profile image0
    MysticMoonlightposted 4 years ago

In a heartbeat! I'd love to live there and speak about wanting to do so often. If ever given the opportunity, I'm gone smile

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I'd love to move to some remote place and live off the land; however, Alaska wouldn't be my choice destination. Way too cold in the winter time!

7. Chuck profile image90
    Chuckposted 4 years ago

I have visited Alaska and it is fantastic. 

However, while spending a summer there would be nice, I wouldn't want to live there during the winter months. 

Not only do many residents move south for the winter, but I was told by people I met when I visited that, during the winter the snow is such, that people are often unable to leave their homes due to snow drifts covering the first story or more of their home. 

According to these people, the only thing one can often due is stock the pantry with food and hole up in their homes with a stack of books or movies on DVD.

8. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8671410_f260.jpg

When we were in Alaska last September we loved it and would have loved to have been able to stay for a year but health wise it wouldn't work for us sadly. It is a beautiful country !

working