jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How do you keep yourself entertained on a long flight?

1. jaydawg808 profile image92
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

How do you keep yourself entertained on a long flight?

2. lafessler profile image80
    lafesslerposted 3 years ago

I personally like to pay for in-flight internet access and surf the web. You can also read, do work or homework, watch movies (on a device or on the airplane's screens, if it's offered), listen to music, or play games (electronics, puzzle games, etc.)

I also work with some people who like to catch up on sleep. Safe travels!

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

Movies, shows, magazines and books. I've never been able to sleep on a plane as I'm an extremely light sleeper and there's just too much going on.

If there's a TV series you're interested in watching then you could download it before you go and then have an in-flight marathon. smile

4. RandallJonas profile image85
    RandallJonasposted 3 years ago

I watch the films shown, read the menu to see what will be served for food, get up at least every few hours to walk the runway and I do stretching exercise in the bathroom. I try to sleep if I can but if I can not I lay still and listen to music. Time goes fast if you watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy! (9 hours of film almost ... )

5. profile image0
    Daveadamposted 3 years ago

Meditate eyes open or closed, & look at all the people & see how they act & react etc....When you start looking at other people you learn a lot about yourself, or you could waste your time watching a movie. :-)

6. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

jaydawg......Just a little side note before I make my comment......I love your name.  Half of my 12 grandchildren call me "GramDawg" and the other half call me "Grandma Jay" ("J" being the first letter of my last name)  Looks like you and I are somehow related!  LOL

To your question.....A long flight for me is the perfect opportunity to sort of Kick back and relax.....or as the phrase goes, "Veg-Out."   I am such a busy/active person .....it seems 24/7.....any chance I have to do some serious introspective contemplating, maybe some light reading or even napping, would be my choice.  I don't require entertainment on a flight.

I do enjoy some idle conversation with my neighbor if they are so inclined.  Just so they don't babble throughout the entire trip.......I'm afraid then I'd be looking around for a parachute.

Good question, jaydawg........Peace!

7. RockyMountainMom profile image80
    RockyMountainMomposted 3 years ago

Music, but I left my MPs player on our first flight yesterday.  TV, but I gave my extra headphones to my daughter before our second flight yesterday, not yet knowing I'd lost my mp3 player.  Gadgets are fun, but I think ours will be dead by the time we get a flight for this last leg... Since we've been here (atlanta airport) for five hours so far today.  New airport pastime is hubpages forums and answers.  When I have an epiphany on a plane and start writing, I usually write the whole flight (a factor in losing my mp3 player on our first flight yesterday).  Wish us luck...

8. Deb Laudenslager profile image58
    Deb Laudenslagerposted 3 years ago

Watch a movie on my ipad, read an ibook or sleep. Sometimes I like to people watch or eavesdrop.