Which movie have you watched the most times? Why have you watched it more than o

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Daisy Mariposa profile image73
    Daisy Mariposaposted 10 years ago

Which movie have you watched the most times? Why have you watched it more than once?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8010814_f260.jpg

2. brianlokker profile image95
    brianlokkerposted 10 years ago

Probably The Godfather (Godfather I). It never gets old, and I've enjoyed introducing it to each of my kids as they've gotten old enough to watch it.

3. dashingscorpio profile image79
    dashingscorpioposted 10 years ago

There are many movies I have seen several times but if I were to guess which one I have seen the most it probably would have been "An Officer and a Gentleman". In my opinion it's about a lost soul who learns to love and trust again after feeling abandoned.
    As you are probably aware Richard Gere is the main character. His mother committed suicide, his father was in the navy and preferred to be his friend rather than his father who also tells him he is not cut out to be an officer. Gere learns to look out for himself and never let anyone get close in order to protect himself. His drill sergeant becomes the surrogate father role model he never had, his best friend and the girl he dates teaches him how to care again. By the end of the movie his invisible walls come tumbling down.
    The final scene where he walks through a dirty machine plant dressed in his Navy white uninform and picks up the unsuspecting girlfriend to carry her out of the building while Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes sing "Up Where We Belong" is one of those rare moments where both men and women are satisfied with the ending of a movie. It's a classic in my opinion. :-)

1. Daisy Mariposa profile image73
      Daisy Mariposaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for providing everyone with a great synopsis of the movie. Those readers who haven't seen the film will especially appreciate it.

4. renegadetory profile image61
    renegadetoryposted 10 years ago

Movies that I never get tired of watching over again I think I watch because there is some part of the movie that moves me, inspires me or matches the mood that I am in. 
    One example is the movie The Shawshank Redemption.  I never tire of watching it.  But I find that the times I have decided to watch it yet again, I just really needed to be inspired again about hope and determination.  That's just my opinion though.

5. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image95
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 10 years ago

Well - it's not just one movie, but all of the James Bond movies.  I watch them over and over and never get tired.  Drives my husband bonkers because he will watch a movie and never watch it again.  I have probably seen them all 20 - 30 times.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

I've seen the original "RoboCop" countless times over the years, because it's my favorite movie of all time. I never get tired of it.

Other favorites that I've seen a bunch of times... "Airplane!" (still funny no matter how many times I see it!), the original "Star Wars" trilogy, "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," and the original "Halloween."

7. Man of Strength profile image72
    Man of Strengthposted 10 years ago

Coming to America. I almost know the movie verbatim. It's still hilarious 25 years later. At that time Eddie Murphy was at his peak & his talent was on full display. He played at least four characters in the film. It just has so many classic scenes.

8. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 10 years ago

I have many that I watch over and over again,
    Pillow Talk - love the 60's romantic comedy, reminds me of my youth

Star Trek; First Contact - just love Star Trek and this movie

While You Were Sleeping - a lovely fun romantic story

RED - with Bruce Willis, a fast paced, adventure, romance with lots of humor as well.

9. Georgie Lowery profile image90
    Georgie Loweryposted 10 years ago

I don't know why I've watched it as much as I have, but the one movie I've seen more times than any other is Twister. Also, I know most of the movie The Lion King word for word. I'm strange. I know it.

10. Sharkye11 profile image90
    Sharkye11posted 10 years ago

I'm not a big fan of watching movies over and over again. (but I will watch favorites frequently over the years). However, there are a precious few that I have watched hundreds of times without ever tiring of them.

Star Wars (the original trilogy), because it has everything: romance, adventure, mysticism, aliens...

I, Claudius (BBC mini-series) I'm a fan of the novel, and I love this series. The acting was superb, the story is intriguing. And it has John Hurt, my favorite actor.

Rocky Horror Picture Show--I don't even know why I like this movie so much. But it always puts me in a good mood.

Strange assortment, huh? These are my feel good movies. If I am going through a creative slump, watching one or all of these will usually give me fresh inspiration. They are like old friends that never fail me.

11. jaydawg808 profile image81
    jaydawg808posted 10 years ago

I'm afraid to say that the movie that I've watched the most is Home Alone and Home Alone 2.  I'm not sure why, but I know that those 2 movies are my favorite. I still can watch them and laugh out loud.  It also puts me in the Christmas mood, since it's my favorite holliday.

12. Mike Robbers profile image64
    Mike Robbersposted 10 years ago

Probably this one: "The Shawshank Redemption" ... masterpiece!

13. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

I had been watching "Wallace and Gromit" every week with my 6 year old son and both of us seems that get tired of it either. Interesting animation and good english for my son to learn. We also love to watch " Chicken Run" although I don't think the kissing hen and rooster is advisable for the kids to watch.

14. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years ago

I have watched one movie dozens of times and could watch it every day - Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986).

The whale story and the time travel between the 2200s and 1986 are wonderful. Also, we see so many inventions from Star Trek actually being used today - we even have transparent aluminum now, just as in the 1986 movie. The scenes in the plexiglass factory with Scotty and Dr, McCoy are so funny that I laugh out loud each time I see them. Chekhov is mistaken for a "Russky spy." The hospital scenes are great. Spock learns to curse, almost - hilarious.  A woman gets to leave 1986 and go live in the 2200s as a research scientist. Spock "feels fine."

The movie feels like "home" to me.

1. Sharkye11 profile image90
      Sharkye11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's an awesome movie! My favorite of the Star Trek films!

15. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 10 years ago

Probably Die Hard. I've lost count of how many times I've seen that film since the late 80s. I still watch it every now and then, and it never fails to entertain.

16. redriot profile image60
    redriotposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8016576_f260.jpg

I remember when I cleaned up the VHS tapes with the intention of moving them out and replace the shelf with  CDs, I found a 1994 movie titled Forrest Gump. I got curious because the title is a little bit peculiar and I hadn't realized that it was actually a name. So I watched it. it was such an epic movie. It moved me in a way that I began rethinking the way i view love, and life in general. His endless love for Jenny, his friendship and loyalty to Bubba, his service in the military, how he inspired Lt. Dan after losing his legs in the war, how he touched the lives of the people who have known him...I would definitely never get tired of watching this movie. It was so inspiring and touching and heartbreaking and all. smile

17. profile image0
    KenDeanAgudoposted 10 years ago

Proudly, I love and watch TITANIC -- four times and its my favorite movie of all times.

18. Sue Bailey profile image68
    Sue Baileyposted 10 years ago

Ghost with Patrick Swayze. Just love this film. Mainly for the potters wheel scene.  I must have seen it about 20 times and I still want to watch it again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)