A back up plan in place for all pilots on planes?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 2 years ago

A back up plan in place for all pilots on planes?

I have been watching the news about the many pilots who had some metal disturbances or life disturbances causing them to kill many.  Everyone is stating there needs to be more mental tests ect.  I see a simpler method and what do you think about it?  Give all pilots o key or key code device that will open the cockpit for all pilots on board.  Nobody will get "locked out". I am surprised that they don't use this in the first place.

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

Many airlines actually do use something like this with a keypad code that allows pilots to gain access when the door is locked. Unfortunately it has an override feature from inside the cockpit. Other airlines also insist a flight attendant be in the cockpit near the door if one of the pilots leaves.

I can't understand what lead this pilot to do what he did.  Fortunately, I think it is a pretty rare occurrence when you consider how many daily flights there are worldwide and how many incidences like this.  Tragic for sure, but not common by any means.  I do think that some professions require a more probing look at one's state of mental health and this is probably one of them.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
      Lady Guinevereposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I did not see this.  Yes, he was mentally unstable at the time and they didn't think it was serious.  Many seemingly benign murders have happen this way in the past.  Ppl like this need to be taken more seriously and that is a first step.

working