jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Is the Empire State Building Still the tallest building?

1. chuckandus6 profile image75
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Is the Empire State Building Still the tallest building?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12379866_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

One World Trade Center in New York City is the tallest skyscraper in The United States. Next comes the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) in Chicago, followed by Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, and then comes the Empire State Building.
    As for the tallest building in the world you'd have to go to Dubai to see Burj Khalifa  which stands at 2,717 feet.
    The World Trade Center is 1,776 and The Empire Building is 1,250.

chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

thank you great answer, I Guesse I will always think of the empire state building as the tallest since childhood,but well written.facts

3. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 2 years ago

Take it from a New Yorker: Even though the Empire State Building has not been the tallest building in the world for a very long time, it is one of the greatest architectural achievements in the history of the world.

chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think so too it has character that you don't find in modern buildings

4. nomadspirit profile image99
    nomadspiritposted 23 months ago

No. It isn't even the tallest in New York City. The newly constructed One World Trade Center now takes that accolade for New York City. The tallest building in the world is Burj Khalifa in Dubai. Although still a wonder to behold (especially at nights when lit up) the Empire State doesn't even come near.

working