jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever been to the observatory at the Empire State Building?

1. msLarayne profile image73
    msLarayneposted 5 years ago

Have you ever been to the observatory at the Empire State Building?

2. profile image0
    JustCraftyposted 5 years ago

No, I have never been to the observatory at the Empire State Building.  I have seen it only from an airplane or car.

msLarayneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I bet it's beautiful from a plane.  It's funny for years I have passed by it and I know it's there, but its so much going on in those streets its actually easy to just walk by unless you look up for some reason.

3. bankscottage profile image97
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

I have been there, but it was about 40 years ago.  I tried to go a few years ago, but the line was too long.  I had someplace to be and couldn't waste that much time waiting.
    The last time I was in NYC we went to the "Top of the Rock", Rockefeller Center.  It was great.  I beautiful view of lower Manhattan and Central Park.  It also included a tour of a museum/exhibit explaining how it was built.

I've been to Rockefeller Center, but I don't remember if I went to the "Top of the Rock." I guess I'll have to go now to make sure!

4. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

My daughter & I got up to about the 82 floor but couldn't go any further as people were stuck in the lift higher up (SCARY STUFF ) so as we were leaving the next day we missed out .
    Hopefully will get to the top on our visit next year !
    We loved looking out of the glass windows of the Statue of Liberty ! Brings back memories every time I see it .

Oh no! I would not be a happy camper if I was stuck in there lol

working