jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What do you thinking is the biggest difference between the US and Europe?

1. PeterStip profile image74
    PeterStipposted 2 years ago

What do you thinking is the biggest difference between the US and Europe?

Of course we're  generalising here because Texas is not Alaska and Norway isn't Italy but what do you think or have experienced the biggest difference between the two continents?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

There are probably two many things to mention but Europe tends to have better education, healthcare, longer life expectancy, have less murders per capita, lower prison population rate, less hormones and antibiotics added to their food, less obsessed with nudity, oftentimes approves new drugs for healthcare sooner, implement new technology like the chip in credit cards making it more difficult to skim information, It's standard for Europeans to get 4-6 weeks off for vacation while Americans average 10 days.
    Having said that there is a "spirit" of free enterprise and the belief in "rags to riches" stories that still perminates in the American psyche like no other country. A couple of guys working in a garage can create Apple or a guy living in his dorm room can create Facebook or Dell Computers and go onto become billionaires.
    Despite the odds someone always seems to win the lottery!
    America also has lower tax rates than Europe!

PeterStipposted 2 years agoin reply to this

great answer, a bit negative for the US so far but maybe someone could turn around the score...

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

The United States contains unequivably 12 letters, specifically 5 vowels and 7 consonants while Europe contains a rather meager 6 letters and only 4 consonants. The United States has 7 consonants and our world in its entirety has the same 7 consonants; oops, 7 continents eh!

:-) Haha, that sums it all up..

2. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I apologize...

4. Chantelle Porter profile image92
    Chantelle Porterposted 2 years ago

What I loved was the truly international feel both Paris and London had. It seemed like everyone spoke a variety of languages which I'm assuming they learned as kids. Both Paris and London were quite walkable and easy to get around. Everything here in the US is much more spread out.

Yes, I think one of the main differences is size. In europe you can buy 1 liter Bottles of coca cola, something I havent  seen in the US when I was there. As well the size of the streets and the food you order in restaurants. Everything is huge.

5. Evane profile image54
    Evaneposted 2 years ago

I think it's the people. Americans are very casual and liberated and individualistic yet true while Europeans are very formal and strict.

working