This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What signifies to you 'Summer is officially over'?

1. WiccanSage profile image94
    WiccanSageposted 21 months ago

What signifies to you 'Summer is officially over'?

Is it back to school, or a noticeable change? For me where I live it's when the tourists all start to go and places are not as crowded anymore.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13151018_f260.jpg

2. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 21 months ago

When there are leaves all over the sidewalks, no more mosquitoes, and grabbing my sweater consistently when I leave the house. 

I can't wait!

3. Hmtrio2 profile image79
    Hmtrio2posted 21 months ago

The end of the Minnesota state fair, known as the big get together.

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 21 months ago

when the school starts, when the traffic flow is jamming up the busy streets, when the tourist are gone, when the food prices had gone down, ah,,, the summer is gone for sure

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 21 months ago

When the children return to school. That's when any family summer activities end.

6. WiccanSage profile image94
    WiccanSageposted 21 months ago

My transition is strange now, living in the land of eternal summer (southern Florida)~ no leaves, lol, no major changes for months to come. Kids go back to school in August rather than after Labor Day as I am used to, and not to mention I have no kids returning to school anymore. So I go by the tourists and crowds yikesD

Thanks all for answering!

7. MizBejabbers profile image91
    MizBejabbersposted 21 months ago

When I have to put on long sleeves...and shoes! Sandals are my bag.

working