jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What is the longest trip you have ever made? Where did you go?

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 13 months ago

What is the longest trip you have ever made?  Where did you go?

2. Omar Eldamsheety profile image68
    Omar Eldamsheetyposted 13 months ago

My trip to Saudi Arabia for work ... it took 3 days by bus from Egypt.

3. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 13 months ago

My longest trips were as a child. I am a military brat. My dad was transferred several times, so back and forth from west coast to east coast. The longest would have been 2,726 miles between Fallbrook, CA to Norfolk, VA. by car. My longest as an adult was 2,447 from San Diego, CA to Freeport, Bahamas by air.

4. Ericdierker profile image58
    Ericdierkerposted 13 months ago

This is a really cool question. One time I flew to Vietnam from San Diego and then to Heathrow and then to the US again. The flights went through Japan except for landing at Bangor Maine for the US.

But it just occurred to me that some flights go way north to get to where they are going and some do not. And then it hit me that flying westward would be a relative difference than flying eastward.

With all that said the longest trip of my life was just a few hundred miles with my mother-in-law.

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Ha-Ha . . . I can agree with traveling with someone a trip can be lengthy. ;-)

2. threekeys profile image80
      threekeysposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Some mileage covered!
      And yes Eric I had forgotten about that. Whose company you keep while travelling can either transmute hours into minutes or years. Just depending.

3. Ericdierker profile image58
      Ericdierkerposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Another factor was not smoking. Brutality for someone 11 hrs. Full on delirium tremors for some.
      I did 14 hours once with an 18 month old. And no I did not give him cough syrup. Although I should have taken some ;-)

5. KsenijaZ profile image94
    KsenijaZposted 13 months ago

New Zealand.
    Slovenia - Zagreb - Frankfurt - Dubai - Singapore - Sydney - Auckland.
    I thought I was going to die ... The trip back was easier.

6. bluesradio profile image76
    bluesradioposted 13 months ago

THe longest trip I have made I have no recollection of ...When I was a infant my Dad was in the Air Force and I spent two and a half years as a toddler in Istanbul......

working