What is the opinion of people in the world about the language of India?

1. Jagatheesh Er profile image56
    Jagatheesh Erposted 6 months ago

What is the opinion of  people in the world about the language of India?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13736133_f260.jpg

2. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 6 months ago

Hi. I can answer this one. Working at Intel in Beaverton OR decades ago. Had a bunch of India workers there. One day two of them were talking and an American said, "What language are you speaking?" They answered, 'English'

It was English, just spoken too fast  for American. I had the same trouble. One guy comes up to talk to me. I had no idea what he was saying, after three tries, I just repeated what he said to me.

When I did that, I understood! He was saying, "It is very very difficult for me to speak slowly."  And that was it - we all quit trying to talk to each other.

Couldn't get the job over the phone interview due to my  inability to understand English that fast.

And I'm from NY.

When went out west I really tried to walk slower and talk slower. Could never get rid of my accent - I would try and start stuttering.

It's the same difference between rural Mexican Spanish which is slow and quiet compared to the automatic machine gun rapid fire speed of  Puerto Rican Spanish.

1. Jagatheesh Er profile image56
      Jagatheesh Erposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to know whether people in the world are aware about the different languages in India Or they think that Hindi is the only and official language of India

working