jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

have you been to boracay?

1. richgerman profile image52
    richgermanposted 9 years ago

anyone here have been to boracay? how do you find it? im planning to visit that place sooner

1. profile image45
      Simple Knowledgeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I was just there early mid-march 2008.  It's in the Philippines.  It's one of the Visayan Islands.  You can fly from Manila to Caticlan then take a ferry to Boracay Island.  Best time to visit is probably December to April.

1. thranax profile image50
        thranaxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

TY for telling me smile

2. qinox profile image55
        qinoxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Then after Boracay in December proceed to Kalibo, Aklan. From the Caticlan Port there are buses and vans to take you to Kalibo. Join the Ati-Atihan Festival in the early week of January. Join the street dancing, drink a lot and be merry big_smile From Kalibo take a bus to Iloilo City and catch Dinagyang. This is also in January.

2. Princessa profile image85
      Princessaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Can I come? wink

1. dingdong profile image60
        dingdongposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure richgerman likes this wink

3. backpackj profile image53
      backpackjposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The other posts are right. Its in the Philippines. You have to go in first to Manila (from wherever you are) and then take a plane, and then a ferry. There are travel agencies/packages that take care of that. Boracay has a nice beach, but it very "touristy" already. And the crowds
      get bigger every tourist season. Since you're a "richgerman" smile you can probably go to the more expensive hotel/resorts which limit the people near their beach.

But if you really want to experience nature and beaches, you might want to try other spots in the Philippines like Palawan.

Have a nice trip!

1. angel 0 zen profile image59
        angel 0 zenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, somewhere in Palawan or other islands like Bantayan and Malapascua island in Cebu, Philippines. If you wanted quiet & meditative place that rich with its historicalness, & with a brilliant white beach, try Bantayan Island. It's not too crowded yet away from advanced development.

4. myboracayguide profile image34
      myboracayguideposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi richgerman, i dont know when your question was posted, but if you want to know more info about boracay then pls visit my hub about boracay. Or you may better go to this Boracay link <snipped> and get the information from there. The site has all the information of Boracay including hotels, resorts and activities you can enjoy.

2. thranax profile image50
    thranaxposted 9 years ago

Nope, never heard of it (or forgot about it if I did).

1. topstuff profile image61
      topstuffposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Forgetting is better.

3. richgerman profile image52
    richgermanposted 9 years ago

one of my friend telling me its one of the paradise. and thanks for the additional info!

4. SpotCoolStuff.com profile image67
    SpotCoolStuff.composted 9 years ago

Is there anything specific you are interested in knowing? Baracay is Ok. It is not a place you'd go to the Philippines specifically to see. It certainly isn't the best beach in the Philippines. But it has a bit of a party scene and is an easy place to hang out for a few days.

5. Pete Michner profile image80
    Pete Michnerposted 9 years ago

How bad is the Abu Sayyaf problem in the Visayan region?

1. angel 0 zen profile image59
      angel 0 zenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Abu Sayyaf was't in Visayan region, it's somewhere in Mindanao or Southern part of Philippines. ANd they are almost ceased now.
      So it's safe to go in any places in Visayan region.

6. highprofile profile image72
    highprofileposted 9 years ago

Yes I was there a few months ago before I went to China...  Is it for a beach bum type holiday or are you going to dive there?

I stayed in a place called Nigi Nigi Noo Noos.  Great hotel and has acces to the Mary Rock as its outside the bar area on the beach.

I dived there twice and saw a lot of marine life including Pigmy Sea Horses.

Want more info let me know as there are different ways to get there and also prices to pay etc...

7. SpotCoolStuff.com profile image67
    SpotCoolStuff.composted 9 years ago

I'll double what backpackj said --

Boracay is its own island south of Manila I showed up at the Manila airport and bought a plane on the spot to go there. It was around $120 round trip, if memory serves. For the social/party scene it is the place to go. But if you are looking for the most gorgeous stretch of sand and sea in the Philippines then Palawan or Mindoro or even Panglao would be better destinations.

working