Nigeria offers a wide variety of tourist attractions such as extended and roomy river and ocean beaches ideal for swimming and other water sports, unique wildlife, vast tracts of unspoiled nature ranging from tropical forest, magnificent waterfalls, some new rapidly growing cities and climatic conditions in some parts particularly conducive to holidaying. MaskOther attractions include traditional ways of life preserved in local customs; rich and varied handicrafts and other colourful products depicting or illustrative of native arts and lifestyle, and the authentic unsophisticated but friendly attitude of many in the Nigerian population.
However, many of these attractions are still largely untapped and even at their raw states, they are still being enjoyed by few outsiders, either very rich visitors in quest of exoticism or adventurous people in search of new challenges and experiences.
The lack of required modern infrastructural facilities and in some parts of the country acute conditions of underdevelopment and poverty can be seen which many potential Nigeria bound tourist may not like to be confronted with.
These are impediments to tourism, which the new administration has been tackling since assumption of office. Investors, both foreign and local are therefore called upon to come and invest in the abundant tourism potentials in the country. The richness and diversity of Nigeria's tourism resources coupled with economic liberalisation policies will provide investment opportunities in various areas as follows:
* Heritage/Cultural Tourism Resources Development of slave trade relics
* Establishment of museums and preservation of monuments
* Wildlife Tourism Resources
* Development of hiking trails and Jeep tracks in the national parks
* Development of picnic and camping sites at strategic locations within the trail circuit system in the national parks
* Building of tourist lodges
* Building of reception centres at Natural/Physical Attractions
* Provision of cable bus system to take tourist through the very rugged but scenic terrain of the mountains especially in Kanyang, Obudu and Mambilla Plateau Construction of lodge cabins for expedition tourist and rangers.
* Establishment of hotels and resorts near waterfalls, springs, caves and temperate climate areas such as Obudu, jos and Mambila Plateau.
* Beach Tourism potentials Establishment of boating and sport fishing facilities
* Development of water transportation Provision of educational facilities for water skiing and swimming
* Establishment of holiday resorts along the coasts.
* Development of Amusement parks, entertainment facilities and shopping services
* Development of arts and crafts which constitute symbol of the people's cultural values and love for nature.
by Moira Garcia Gallaga 6 years ago
Thoughts on Philippines New Tourism Campaign 'Its Fun in the Philippines?'
by Julianna 6 years ago
What destinations should a tourist see while visiting Canada
by Courtney 10 years ago
In my opinion here in Southern California, the best tourist attraction they have is Knott's. Could be because its somewhat of a hidden gem here. I know a lot of people would say disneyland, so what's everyone else's opinion that has been to SoCal or plans on visiting?
by Helna 5 years ago
What are the top tourist attractions in London?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|