Nigeria offers a wide variety of tourist attractions such as extended and roomy river and ocean beaches ideal for swimming and other water sports, unique wildlife, vast tracts of unspoiled nature ranging from tropical forest, magnificent waterfalls, some new rapidly growing cities and climatic conditions in some parts particularly conducive to holidaying. MaskOther attractions include traditional ways of life preserved in local customs; rich and varied handicrafts and other colourful products depicting or illustrative of native arts and lifestyle, and the authentic unsophisticated but friendly attitude of many in the Nigerian population.
However, many of these attractions are still largely untapped and even at their raw states, they are still being enjoyed by few outsiders, either very rich visitors in quest of exoticism or adventurous people in search of new challenges and experiences.
The lack of required modern infrastructural facilities and in some parts of the country acute conditions of underdevelopment and poverty can be seen which many potential Nigeria bound tourist may not like to be confronted with.
These are impediments to tourism, which the new administration has been tackling since assumption of office. Investors, both foreign and local are therefore called upon to come and invest in the abundant tourism potentials in the country. The richness and diversity of Nigeria's tourism resources coupled with economic liberalisation policies will provide investment opportunities in various areas as follows:
* Heritage/Cultural Tourism Resources Development of slave trade relics
* Establishment of museums and preservation of monuments
* Wildlife Tourism Resources
* Development of hiking trails and Jeep tracks in the national parks
* Development of picnic and camping sites at strategic locations within the trail circuit system in the national parks
* Building of tourist lodges
* Building of reception centres at Natural/Physical Attractions
* Provision of cable bus system to take tourist through the very rugged but scenic terrain of the mountains especially in Kanyang, Obudu and Mambilla Plateau Construction of lodge cabins for expedition tourist and rangers.
* Establishment of hotels and resorts near waterfalls, springs, caves and temperate climate areas such as Obudu, jos and Mambila Plateau.
* Beach Tourism potentials Establishment of boating and sport fishing facilities
* Development of water transportation Provision of educational facilities for water skiing and swimming
* Establishment of holiday resorts along the coasts.
* Development of Amusement parks, entertainment facilities and shopping services
* Development of arts and crafts which constitute symbol of the people's cultural values and love for nature.
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.