jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Travel in Cusco, Peru

1. vespawoolf profile image98
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

Can anyone recommend a really good restaurant in Cusco?

1. yoginijoy profile image74
      yoginijoyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, there is an excellent restaurant in the main square. If you are standing in front of the cathedral facing away from it, on the left corner is an excellent Peruvian restaurant. The sopa de quinoa is superb!  The waiter/waitress will give you a pin as a gift too! Also, there is a yummy breakfast place too. It is at the very bottom of a hill. Ask and people will tell you where it is! Enjoy your trip

vespawoolfposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great, thanks for the tip! When were you in Cusco?

1. yoginijoy profile image74
          yoginijoyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A few years back. The name of the breakfast place is called "Jack's". Yeah, I know, not very Incan sounding, but it is worth it. Have some of the ginger tea at Jack's, it is delicousWhen are you going?

vespawoolfposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We love Jack's! It's in San Blas, which is above the Plaza de Armas. They have wonderful french toast and yummy sandwiches at lunch time. We used to live in Cusco, but that was almost 10 years ago. Now we live in the southern part of Peru and are planning another trip back in October. I'm always looking for new restaurants as things change there so quickly. Restaurants come and go. Anyway, I'll look for the restaurant you recommended. Thanks for answering my post.

working