jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Who are your fur babies?

1. Popit profile image80
    Popitposted 9 months ago

A few months ago, there was a thread of pet pictures.  It caught my eye so I'm starting it again in celebration of the new year.

This is Fry.  He turned up on my doorstep on the first day of the hunting season, bedraggled and hungry.  The vet said he was 10 weeks old and that this kind of thing happened every year.  Holiday makers are given a small puppy to amuse the children and then when they leave to return to Paris; they chuck it out of the car and go on their way.  I already had two dogs but I couldn't let him go to the pound.  The vet cried when I said I'd keep him, that's how awful the pound is here.  He was advertised at the Marie's and on the lost dog website but no one came for him.

So now he's mine.  He means the world to me.

Your turn ...................

1. DrMark1961 profile image94
      DrMark1961posted 9 months ago in reply to this

I like the picture of Fry on the couch and since that was such a great story that I had to post one of my own. This old photo (sorry about the quality) is "Sujo", a dog I rescued when the Argentine tourists left after the Carnival season. They do the same thing when they leave, and most of those holiday puppies are abandoned on the street here in Brazil when the tourists go home. There is no pound to pick them up, so most of them die from starvation, being hit by a car, etc.
      Sujo was 4 months old when he came to live with me and when I moved several years later one of my neighbors asked to keep him. He is now an old dog and lives in the south of Brazil. http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12816844.jpg
      By the way, Sujo means "dirty". The little guy was covered in mud when I found him and I only found out he was white after a good bath.

1. Popit profile image80
        Popitposted 9 months ago in reply to this

He's beautiful.  It's lovely that he got to stay with your neighbor and live a full life.

Fry's two now and an essential member of the clan.  My neighbors adore him and always say he is such a French dog, he understands French and English.  He's also very popular with the ladies. big_smile

2. Live to Learn profile image82
    Live to Learnposted 9 months ago

I would post a picture of my cat but I believe my neighbor killed her. She's been missing for 5 days and my neighbor got mad at us 7 days ago. He's an admitted cat killer so I'm assuming the worst.

She was a great cat. Had the personality and appetite of a dog.

3. LongTimeMother profile image99
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 months ago

Meek and mild and perfectly well behaved around children, chooks and small animals. But he hates snakes.

More pics here if you're interested ... http://hubpages.com/living/How-I-Get-Ri … e-and-Yard

He's my kind of dog. smile

Sleeping while watching a movie

And falling asleep when I work on HP

She likes snakes too. They make her sleepy.