jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

hamster food

1. Xx izzy xX !!! profile image60
    Xx izzy xX !!!posted 6 years ago

wat is the best food for my hamster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. browsed profile image60
    browsedposted 6 years ago

Dried fruits and nuts are the best hamster foods

3. 59
    bearmyhamsterluvposted 6 years ago

there are special foods and treats made just for them if they have diabetes i wouldnt suggest nt going with dry fruits well if he isnt i would use pet store bought ones or some reccomened foods are carrots bananas and cucumber if u r gonna feed it human food otherwise i suggest hamster mad eonly food what ever food you bought it first should be what you always use cause i give him a different food and he started loosing hair so yeah..... hope that helps i dont know what brand i fed him though..... my hamsters name is bear and he competed in hamster races!!!!

4. Shona Venter profile image80
    Shona Venterposted 6 years ago

Hamsters are surprisingly easy pets to raise.

They can eat almost anything humans eat. Note - ALMOST. Never ever give them avocado, onion or any citrus fruits.

Don't give them hamster pellets from the pet shop, as these have absolutely no nutritional value for them in the least (besides them smelling and tasting absolutely horrible).

They love fruit and vegetables. Avoid giving them processed foods though, as they are very bad for them (and us).

As a treat, I sometimes give my 2 hamsters a spare rib bone to chew on. They love these, as they help to keep their teeth short. They also need protein in their diet, so it is advisable to give them beans as well. A lot of people say to never give them meat, but as a very occasional treat, it does them no harm. Ensure that the meat is 100% properly cooked though. My 2 hamsters have lived for over 3 years already on this varied, and organic diet.

They love oatmeal porridge as well. Always remember though, to introduce new foods to your pet in moderation, as a sudden influx of different foods can result in diarrhoea.

I hope this is of some help to you.

5. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I thought this forum was about eating hamsters, not feeding them.  I guess the 'Hamster Food' title threw me off.