cats are Mind readers

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

anyone that has cats for any legnth of time will realize that they seem to be mind readers or they are telepathic
    I've had cats all my life(53yrs) and some for over twenty yeasr.
    I can tell you that they do know what I was thinking. No ,I don't think it has anything to do with body language or a certain facial expression.
    Anyone el;se have this same feeling or experience?

1. JamaGenee profile image77
      JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm 100% certain my Siamese was a mind reader.

2. RKHenry profile image65
      RKHenryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The school district I live in is hosting a class on "How to converse with your Cat."  So there must be something to say about this topic.

2. thranax profile image74
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

I have, but it was with a family members dogs.

~thranax~

3. Junkster profile image61
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

My cat's seem to know a bit more than I'd give them credit for.  If there's people shouting in our house they seem to magnetise towards whoever is getting yelled at.  Also on another note my cat always knows when I've gone to the chinese takeaway as when I come back in with the bag before he even has a chance to smell it he knows that I've been to the takeaway.

I think it's something to do with that I used to give him a few bits of chicken from my fried rice when he was little, now he does it all the time.  They go nuts if you mention the word tuna too, since they both love it even if you are sat talking about tuna they go mad and start heading towards the kitchen and making noise.

4. TravelMonkey profile image60
    TravelMonkeyposted 15 years ago

cats cannot mind read, they get into a routine and may pick up signals which you subconsciously give out. I have two dogs who get excited if anyone steps into the kitchen as they know that is where the food is, it's the same with a cat.

5. dingdong profile image56
    dingdongposted 15 years ago

Cats are mind readers?

Funny lol

6. Madalyn Rose profile image61
    Madalyn Roseposted 15 years ago

Cats are mind readers. We had cats in the house when our kids were growing up. They always knew when we were taking them to the vet. They would hide.

We had a one half Siamese who belonged to our oldest daughter who hated to ride in the car. When we would get ready to go on a trip & leave the Fluffy with our parents, she would hide & it would take a long time to find her.

When our daughter was in college about 70 miles away, she would know the nights our daughter came home for the weekends.  About two hours before she arrived Fluffy would run & jump up in the windows of all the front rooms. We would say Michelle is leaving college & on her way home. This would continue until she arrived at home.
    Madalyn Rose

1. apeksha profile image67
      apekshaposted 15 years agoin reply to this
      1. apeksha profile image67

Its not funny...
        I have a experience of that..
        The kind people only can experience that..
        if not like that then think why cats gives responce when u call him/her with name...?
        why they dont reply 2 oter name..
        And they knows our routine..

2. apeksha profile image67

Its really very true..cats really runs away when they dont want to do something they hates..and If we force them they will byte u or will make a gurrrrsrr voice..

7. profile image0
    Wadey101mposted 15 years ago

Next people will be saying that one of their family members can read their mind. Don't think they can read minds at all, just you as a person. They might get worried when you're about to take them to the vet, but that's only because your acting strange around them, expressing concern. It's amazing what your body language and tone can reveal. I agree that pets pick up on routine and signals of the owners. I had a cat once that had never been to the vet, I was at work so couldn't take him so I asked a friend, (she didn't see the point in having a pet, so don't think she would have been worried). He acted normally according to her. The next time I needed to take him, I had to do it myself, I got a little worried and must have shown it as he really didn't want to leave the house! They pay more attention to their owners than what people think.

8. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 15 years ago

I don't believe that they can 'read minds', however they are very adept at picking up scents and sounds and associating them with past events. For example, my little cat ALWAYS comes running when he hears me shake his treats. He knows the noise and knows that if he comes, he'll get a treat. Cats also tend to spend more time with you when you're sick. Mine will stay by my side almost all day. Do they know I'm sick? No. They just like to cuddle in bed all day! smile I do agree though that they are very observant creatures and I couldn't imagine my life without my 'babies'!

9. reggieTull profile image60
    reggieTullposted 15 years ago

Mind Readers - not sure - I am very aware of Anthropormorphising - we all do it.  But I truly believe that my cat sees things that I cannot see.  I base my opinion on her behavior, those large eyes that at times look straight into my soul!

10. Curious Traveller profile image69
    Curious Travellerposted 15 years ago

As one (male) who has an extremely intense phobia regarding cats, I do not feel qualified to answer. I have, however, known particularly German Shepherd dogs all my life and am aware of how intensely they can sense human emotion.

I cannot therefore speak for cats but dogs certainly have an instinct which we humans simply cannot relate to or begin to comprehend.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)