jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (23 posts)

Found something fun and good at WOW

1. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

So my husband and I went on a search at the craft store Michael's for carbon paper. can you believe they don't have it? neither does Office Max? UGH! Hubby needs it for his scroll sawing tha he wants to get back into.

But I saw in those $1.00 bins a cute mommy and baby tiger (one of my fav animals) Engraving Art. So I decided hell why not. I suck at everything else why not try my hand at this? So I bought it and doing it right now. it's fun and relaxing! big_smile

So yea I found something I am actually good at AND it's fun. smile

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You should be able to find carbon paper from online tattoo supplies dealers.

1. 0
        Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

huh never thuoght about that...but we did find it at a Staples finally. lol took forever it seemed lmao

1. wyanjen profile image85
          wyanjenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh man, I am sitting on a GOLD MINE of carbon paper. Not the weak stuff you buy at Staples either...
          I'm in printing, and we have ROLLS of the stuff in our stock room. It's left over from the olden days. It's old-school, professional grade stuff.
          I use it all the time at home, for wood burning lol
          Shoot, if I had known, I coulda mailed you some!

2. mayhmong profile image74
    mayhmongposted 7 years ago

Have you tried going to Lowes or Home Depot for carbon paper? They might carry it. But that engraving art sounds fun. Especially doing it with a child. smile

3. 0

Yep we looked at both and nope...the guy aat Offic Max said anywhere that still sells typewritters lol

And yea it is fun...no kids yet though lol

4. 0
    mtsi1098posted 7 years ago

Michael's would have been my bet...sorry sad

5. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

The most important thing is your having fun at it!

6. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

Engraving is really cool, and the finished products are beautiful.  I am good at crocheting.  I do it during the winter.  My family has plenty of warm caps and scarves!

7. 0

My Nana tried teaching me how to sew and crochet and all of that but yea...I was too much of a boy wanting to be outside and play lmao

8. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

I am not that crafty, at all. I don't have the patience for most types of crafts.  I make painted boxes for baby showers, and I crochet.  I am a decent painter.  I suck at engraving.  It is far too intricate.

9. 0

I'm surprised that I have the patiences for it lol but yea it's starting to hurt my eyes lmao

10. 60
    J. L. Abelposted 7 years ago

Try asking for "graphite paper" at an art store or in the art dept. of any craft store.  Or you could try going to the sewing department and asking for tracing paper like dress makers use.

Blessings and...Good Luck!

11. Blogging Erika profile image81
    Blogging Erikaposted 6 years ago

Carbon paper, there's a blast from the past!  You could try a specialty office supply store.  Or check with a sewing/quilting store, and ask for tracing paper.  It makes blue lines when you draw on it.

12. Minnaloushe profile image78
    Minnalousheposted 6 years ago

I'm such a nerd. I was trying to figure out what use "carbon paper" would have in WOW. Although I quit several months ago, I swear :-)

13. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

Good for you Crazd!! smile
    You are now taking on one of the arts I practice..it is very fun and the more you practive, the more detailing you get into..I do glass, metals..well, just about anything you can think of..

I wish you lived closer, I would teach you how to engrave crystal blocks with 3D engraving...

1. 0
      Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OOOOOOOOOOOOO *eyes grow wide* THAT WOULD BE COOOL! dang it move to Cali! lmao

14. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Sweet jen! and no worries we've got some smile

1. wyanjen profile image85
      wyanjenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You give me a holler when you run out. What I have from the shop is WAY better quality wink

15. spease profile image83
    speaseposted 6 years ago

There is a better way than using carbon paper.  Use a photo light box lay the picture on it, lay a piece of paper on it.  Trace the picture.  Get some tacky spray at the craft store and spray it on the wood and stick the paper on it.  Cut right through the paper.  It works great.

16. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

I wish I could, the cold weather here is not good for my back and my lupus and my PAD..

I would love just to be able to afford to come visit for about a week and teach you...

maybe, if the store starts making some good revenue, I will be able to afford it...

I was going to branch out to my ebay store today, but you know I had to help a friend..so it got put on hold for another day or 2..I do , however, have a few craft shows to attend before Christmas, and my friend is making an advertisement web page for me and I plan on getting in the local papers with a few ads when I make profit off my very next sale..

17. spiritactor profile image60
    spiritactorposted 6 years ago

Ebay has LOTS of different types of carbon paper.  Also, nextag.com.

18. 0
    Madame Xposted 6 years ago

try an art store