CashFlowsToo.com profile image 59

What helps drive more traffic to your hub, Solid Content or Topical Subjects?

I'm new to hubPages in terms of full use. I want to know which is more effective, a current hot topic that drive traffic today or evergreen content that has less glitz and glamour. Even more, how can you balance both and is there a proper mix of glitz (Topical Subjects) to glory (Evergreen Content). By evergreen content I mean, you have relevance to a subject that is timeless and special to you and the audience. By topical subjects I mean, you see a current content trend that has a huge wave coming and you get right on top and ride the wave. So, I'd like to know which strategy works best.

Kathleen Cochran profile image83

Kathleen Cochran says

• Georgie Lowery profile image

Georgianna Lowery (Georgie Lowery) 4 years ago

I agree that how-to's do well. To be able to make good on it, though, you need to pick a subject that hasn't been done to death. There's a million times infinity SEO how-to's.

yeagerinvestments profile image82

yeagerinvestments says

• CashFlowsToo.com profile image

CashFlowsToo.com 4 years ago

@yeagerinvestments hmm that sounds amazing. I love the idea of having traffic from articles 3 years old. What made the topics special? What made the articles unique? I have a few of my own that have lasted. I'm trying to find out why there too.

passthejelly profile image80

Mark Passarelli (passthejelly) says

• CashFlowsToo.com profile image

CashFlowsToo.com 4 years ago

@passthejelly Yes it does make sense.. And greatly appreciate the perspective..