jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Duplicated Work

1. midget38 profile image90
    midget38posted 4 years ago

A substantial portion of my work was duplicated and I am told to revise the work. I was definitely the author of the work and want to know how we can better protect ourselves from plagiarists. It is frustrating to be the author of the work and instead be accused of duplicating.

1. agilitymach profile image99
      agilitymachposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had the same thing happen to me.  My work was posted on my own website.  I removed it to put it here, but unfortunately someone had embedded it and the link to my website into their site.  I could ask them to take it down, but I suspect it's an abandoned website.  Anyway, until they remove it (and it is attributed to me), I'm stuck not using my own work here. A Google of your work will find out where it is in the big land of cyberspace.

midget38posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much! I'll do a Googlesearch!

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This free tool works well for me to hunt down things like this.  You can either copy/paste the hub text into the window and search or copy/paste the hub URL into the other window and search.  This will find things that Google will miss at times. 

http://searchenginereports.net/articlecheck.aspx

Thanks Dale! That's a useful link!

2. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 4 years ago

If your work is on another writing site than it is considered duplicated content. If you wish for your work to be on this site than you have to remove it from the other site so that it  is de-indexed and then post.

3. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

You are being told the work is duplicate--that is a fact not an accusation.  i would suggest Googling excerpts from the hub to find where the duplicate is.

Thanks for the tip, psyche skinner.Will do that.

working