jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Is publishing a 2,000-word hub a good idea?

1. sergs_pogi profile image59
    sergs_pogiposted 4 years ago

I'm planning to publish my newly written article that counts to nearly 2,000 words. Is it a good idea to publish a hub this long? Should I split it in two? I find it hard to cut the article in two due to thought and keyword considerations. Please help. Thanks.

1. Thelma Alberts profile image83
      Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it´s too long but I have read some here in hubpages which is more or less that long. I have published ones with 1500+ and it was ok. Well, actually it depends upon the readers if they continue reading or how interesting your topic  is.

sergs_pogiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yup. I read it also that a good hub should contain more or less 1,500 words so that readers will not go somewhere else for further information. I intend to make this hub comprehensive enough.

1. Thelma Alberts profile image83
          Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My apology. My longest hub has 3,191. Have just checked it out. It´s my Paris hub and it´s  okey.

2. beindustrial profile image70
    beindustrialposted 4 years ago

I think it's okay to publish that long, just make sure your topic/article is not boring and will keep the readers from reading till the end.
    Good luck to you and will be looking forward to see you long hub...

Thanks. I'm going to publish this hub today. Please give me your feedback about the length and topic.

1. Claims-Advice profile image61
        Claims-Adviceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If it's broken up nicely with paragraphs, headers and images, it could make it more digestible

Thanks for the advice.

3. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

If you want to target keywords then splitting it into 2 or even 3 articles allows you to target more keywords as well as interlink the articles for added benefits. It does however depend on if your subject will allow you to split it into 2 or 3 stand alone articles.

They should be stand alone rather than "article part 1" and "article part 2"..

So if your long article is say... "blue widgets" and you can split into .. "what are blue widgets?", "the benefits of blue widgets", "why blue widgets are better than green", or "where to get the best blue widgets" then go for it.. you may even get ideas for a few more articles and become an authority on blue widgets..

Thanks LeanMan for caring to reply, but I have published my article. I find it hard to split coz it contains tips. You can read it here. http://sergspogi.hubpages.com/hub/12-Ti … ve-Writing

working