What to do with Idle Hubs: Move them?

1. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

Let's say you have a couple of them that tend to go idle; you can bring them out of the ZZzz relatively easily, but you're thinking maybe it's not worth it, and maybe they're just bringing your rank down. Still, they have gotten some good traffic in the past and they are linked elsewhere. Should you just leave them there on Idle? My thought is to delete them on one HP account and move them to an alternative HP account; or to just put them somewhere else altogether, like a blog. But, it seems, you take a loss there; it had gotten traffic, is linked on other sites, etc. Any thoughts on this? What would you do?

2. 0
    Nell Hoxsieposted 3 years ago

I would take an honest look at them. See if you can add some more content from a different angle. Look at the audience you're targeting and consider what keywords you're using to attract them. Are those the best keywords? Play with a keyword research tool and see if there are better phrases to use. Add a few of them into your hub. Then consider what other phrases would be good companions. When you add them, you might have to write a couple of more paragraphs.

Sometimes the right word changes over time. Like from groovy, to awesome, to cool. So you have to change keyword strategies. Please note, I'm not in any way considering keyword stuffing. Use lots of adverbs and adjectives in you're writing to attract some long tail searches.

I'm a big advocate of reading magazines in niches you want to write in. I've found magazines generally using trending phrases and tend to lead search engines.

1. Rik Ravado profile image92
      Rik Ravadoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great to see you here again Nell!  (Any advice from Nell is worth listening to - she is the Queen of content writing.)