jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you do about idle hubs?

1. Joan King profile image72
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

What do you do about idle hubs?

If  you have idle hubs and you revise them and they are returned to idle again, would revise again or delete or post elsewhere? I find that if an idle hub was revised and later it is returned to idle again, perhaps it should be deleted. I would first try to revise  the hub but if that doesn't work maybe it is pointless to keep revising and improving a hub that is obviously not generating traffic.

2. Novel Treasure profile image89
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

It depends on the type of hubs. I have seasonal hubs that will occasionally go into idle status. I usually wait until the season comes around again before updating them.

Have you tried changing them to answer a question? Some of my best hubs, answer questions. They have never been idle.

Try googling different titles to see what kind of hits you get. Maybe that will help.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Just keep working in them to satisfy HP. It can be something as simple as just editing the hub for misspelling. punctuation, pictures, change your summary, etc. Never delete a hub with a considerable amount of views. Believe me, they can be fixed. Merry Christmas!!

4. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I thinks it's your hard work, and that they should be edited and gotten back into the lime light as soon as possible. I've written a hub on a quick way to do just this.

5. profile image49
    Barge Apres Toutposted 5 years ago

I'm completely new to hub pages and only just starting to understand how it a works. Any advise would be welcomed. All the very best. Rory

6. owhorspecial profile image67
    owhorspecialposted 5 years ago

I've have had a lot of Idle Hubs Before, and i only tried to delete them but I still regret doing that NOW. So since it is difficult to avoid Hubs getting idle again, when they do, i just edit them and place them on the spotlight to lure attention to them and attract readers, and that will get the traffic rising a little.
    Another way is to add more TAGS to the hubs that are idle, because reasonable  tags will help your hubs appear quickly in a search plus it will get your hub featured on the HubPages Search Bar and remember to place tags that are related to the hub you are editing so that the hub does not appear Deceptive.
    Hope it Helps. smile

7. Cardia profile image95
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

I do have a few hubs that have been called 'idle' and when I see this, I try to update them - change or add more photos, change the text and titles. I normally try to avoid deleting my hubs, but I did unpublish one the other day to see if it would improve my overall traffic. I'm not quite sure if it actually has.