jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Slide Views Accolade ?

1. agvulpes profile image88
    agvulpesposted 4 years ago

Just a thought for those of us interested in Accolades?
    Since we are awarded an Accolade for a certain number of Page Views how about getting awarded Accolades for a certain number of Slide Views?

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A fair suggestion.  I have had many thousands of slide views and to the best of my knowledge I get nothing in return for those views.  Something would be better than nothing. smile

agvulpesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes Dale you would think that with the recent push by HP on their own blog to get "good" quality images on our Hubs you would think that there would be some recognition ?

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I think they would need to fix the slide viewer counter first.  I still have many that say I have negative views.

Yes I agree with you completely smile  Maybe it is the incentive that the 'tech' people at HP need to fix the counter. I have had a day figure of -8 on one of my hubs for quite some time now?

3. derek gulbranson profile image80
    derek gulbransonposted 4 years ago

We initially included the slide show views count in anticipation of an AdSense for Images product that Google was developing to include ads in the slideshows. We participated in Google's alpha trial of this product, but that ended a few months ago.  Currently there is really no value in slideshow views. Also, as some mentioned, the current implementation fails in a few situations.

Before we would consider adding an accolade for it, we'd want the data it's based on to be informative and correct, and right now it's neither. I think the direction I'd lean is to remove them altogether, but we probably won't do anything until Google's beta phase of their AdSense for Images product.

Derek thanks for the reply. It looks like we would be better off concentrating on more productive things other than developing 'slide shows' ?

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So that's what happened!  I know I used to see some clicks from slide show ads showing up on analytics, but then they died and never came back.  A shame as probably 30% of my adsense clicks came from slideshow views at one time.

Yes I had been getting a few clicks and still get quite a lot of views on my images as well!  These days every cent counts? smile

working