jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

Problem with my latest Hub

1. craiglyn profile image84
    craiglynposted 4 years ago

There are two problems with my latest hub.  Last night when I was setting it up I noticed that after entering my title and then the category that I wanted it to fit in,  there was no place to enter the tag words -  my next choice was simply to  "continue".  So I went ahead and wrote my hub thinking to put the tag words in on the actual hub.    Well, there was no area to enter the extra tag words, as there usually is.   I went ahead and published it  - and noticed immediately that there is also "no advertising".      This morning I did a fake mockup of another hub  - and again at the beginning there is no area to enter "tag words".    Has this happened to anyone else???

1. bac2basics profile image90
      bac2basicsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Lynda. I saw someone else has just asked the same question. If you donĀ“t get a satisfactory response try searching the questions for an answer or contact HP staff.

craiglynposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Anne,  I'll do that.   But I wonder what's going on with the advertising?   No Google ads on my latest hub - and that's the first time and no indicated on my summary that they have been disabled.  Strange.  I may have to contact staff as you say.

2. sleepylog profile image89
      sleepylogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ads won't appear until your hub has been approved.

Oh,  I thought on previous hubs the ads were there right away,  but obviously I am wrong.   I will check when it is approved.  Thanks.

2. Marketing Merit profile image79
    Marketing Meritposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but there is a thread by Simone about tags and the RSS capsule being dropped. You may want to check this out incase it relates to your problem Craiglyn.

Thanks -  how do I search for the article by Simone. Sorry  - I'm still a newbie  - kind of.   If they drop tags, how do our hubs show up on search engines, I wonder?

1. SimeyC profile image90
        SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tags are not longer part of HP - see blog entry:

http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/12/phasin … s-capsule/

Thank you  - I will check this out.    I wonder why though I had no Google ads on this hub  - maybe they didn't like my hub  - LOL.

1. SimeyC profile image90
            SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think you get Ads on a hub until it is out of Pending status...

I'll check back when it is approved.  I just may have caused all this hoopla for nothing  - : )

2. craiglyn profile image84

And thanks for the hub about tags!!  : )

3. snlee profile image81
    snleeposted 4 years ago

Go to edit mode and check on SETTINGS to ensure that it has been set as "Ads On" status in case it is Off,,,,,,

Ads are "on" so I'll wait until it is approved and then check it again.  Someone else suggested ads don't go on until the hub is approved but I could have sworn that my previous hubs had ads on right away.  Of course I could be wrong!

4. rajan jolly profile image90
    rajan jollyposted 4 years ago

The tags and RSS capsules have been dropped. Now the tags will be generated automatically based on the content in the hub. How this will affect the hub traffic and rankings in Google search results will have to be seen.

working