jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

My books

1. purpleveil profile image85
    purpleveilposted 3 years ago

Since it's not allowed (or at least, that's my understanding) to put links to our published works in our capsules, would you consider putting a "My Books" capsule on the profile page? Our community is composed of writers many of whom I am sure have published or self-published books. I agree that it would be too commercial to put a lot of our own links or ads in our hubs, but would it be so bad to have a profile capsule where we could put a description of each of our works with a link to where to buy it? Or, If you want a royalty for that, could we not make an amazon capsule available within the profile pages so that we could make our books come up under their Amazon listings so that we can get sales and you can get the advertising revenue?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Not so.  That's a common misconception of the "overly promotional" rule.

That rule says that in a single Hub, you can't have more than two links pointing to the same website.  That means (for instance) there is absolutely nothing to prevent me linking to my flamenco book on every flamenco Hub.  If you have your book listed on Amazon or eBay, you can also display it in the Amazon or eBay capsule.

There are two other provisos:  the book must be related to the subject of the Hub, and you can't just write a Hub saying how wonderful your book is.  The Hub must be useful.

2. purpleveil profile image85
    purpleveilposted 3 years ago

Thanks for that explanation. It was really helpful.

3. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

Maybe have someone interview you on a book you wrote.
    another idea is to pick a theme and include your book that relates.
    Congrads. wink

Closed to reply