jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Why is my traffic falling? : '(

1. Louise Lately profile image88
    Louise Latelyposted 4 years ago

I would be grateful for an answer - or perhaps some pointers on how to turn that arrow around so it points up again. many thanks

2. rhondakim profile image80
    rhondakimposted 4 years ago

Well, one thing I noticed is that when I added the summary to each article/story/etc, the views went up.  Not incredibly, but somewhat.

3. DrMark1961 profile image90
    DrMark1961posted 4 years ago

When starting out at HP, most of your page views are from other hubbers. You need to have a lot more followers. In order to attract followers, you need to write more hubs that will interest them.
    When you have a lot more hubs, you can worry about stumbleupon, Facebook, Pinterest, Flipora, reddit, scoop.it...you get the idea? The list is huge but start out here by attracting more readers and you will do fine.

Louise Latelyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Dr Mark, that's very helpful! Starting to get it a bit more now.

4. ologsinquito profile image93
    ologsinquitoposted 4 years ago

Hi Dr. Mark,

Sounds like good advice. I'd much rather put the time into promoting my hubs off HP when I have a substantial number to promote. So far I've done zero marketing off HP, and my stats show it. But, if I'm reading the traffic section correctly, I do get a few visitors coming from google searches. But, you're absolutely right, new people should probably concentrate on building their hub base.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

I joined a new site, since September, my views for my articles there are over 2000 right now which is not much less than views, in 2 years, here on HP.  I get more external traffic there and I don't have to deal with having a Adsense account either, it is already built in.

1. DrMark1961 profile image90
      DrMark1961posted 4 years ago in reply to this

2000 in 2 years? Really?

6. LindaSmith1 profile image61

2569 views in 2 years with HP.      Over 2000 since Sept 2012 at new spot.

Louise Latelyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Linda Smith1 - do you mind if I ask where this new spot is?

7. lorddraven2000 profile image88
    lorddraven2000posted 4 years ago

I think it is how the search engines keep changing their methods. I noticed a slight decrease in my hubs as well but at the same time they seem to still get a good deal of hits. I mean it is not the amount I was getting but it is good traffic.

8. Biohit profile image81
    Biohitposted 4 years ago

Sometimes, it's tough to say. There are changes to backlinks and search engine algorithms. These can have an effect on the traffic you get.

9. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Here is a link to my hub which explains it.  http://lindasmith1.hubpages.com/hub/How … ur-Writing

working